Bridge City 54 Hardin-Jefferson 49/FINAL

WOSgrad

20 hours ago, whsalum said:

It has everything to do with a different time/different place. In years past where you didn’t take 4 teams to the playoffs a good runner up team stayed home. Now days a very average team can make “playoff history “ when in fact there might have been better clubs in “school history “ that didn’t make the “playoffs “.

BC had #2 ranked team in state but stayed home during playoffs, because only 1 team went per district. #1 ranked Hebert beat BC by 2 at home and by 1 at BC and won district. Hebert went on to win state easily. This was Wendall Martin, Briggs. I believe that's how it went down, it's a long time back now, maybe 1980 team.

Wow, sounds like HJ just gave this one away... but congrats to BC for taking advantage. I can’t believe I missed this game, right there in Vidor’s gym. I thought they were playing on Friday night which I wouldn’t have been able to attend. Damn the luck they played on the weekend, I could have made it and missed a good one.

So, let me get this lined out. A team (BC) that some people/person calls average/below average beat a team (HJ) that some people call way above average in the first round of the playoffs and while it is shocking some people/person would rather place blame or make excuses as to why a "average" team beat an "above average" team.  It's ok to be shocked, the first thing you have to do is admit it and the first couple of stages of sports shock is to place blame and make excuses. And that's why we have this web site, it to air it all out so we can make some people/person better. We want to help. 

6 hours ago, STiger85 said:

So, let me get this lined out. A team (BC) that some people/person calls average/below average beat a team (HJ) that some people call way above average in the first round of the playoffs and while it is shocking some people/person would rather place blame or make excuses as to why a "average" team beat an "above average" team.  It's ok to be shocked, the first thing you have to do is admit it and the first couple of stages of sports shock is to place blame and make excuses. And that's why we have this web site, it to air it all out so we can make some people/person better. We want to help. 

Not sure what all this means. BC showed up and played hard for 4 quarters and got the W. Gotta tip your cap to em. They deserved the win, does that one game change a seasons worth ? When the season is recapped BC will probably finish somewhere around 18-10 overall and were 7-5 in district. That’s pretty much the definition of average. They did beat HJ and in the playoffs you either win or go home. No excuses for the Hawks they didn’t play good enough to win .

11 minutes ago, whsalum said:

Not sure what all this means. BC showed up and played hard for 4 quarters and got the W. Gotta tip your cap to em. They deserved the win, does that one game change a seasons worth ? When the season is recapped BC will probably finish somewhere around 18-10 overall and were 7-5 in district. That’s pretty much the definition of average. They did beat HJ and in the playoffs you either win or go home. No excuses for the Hawks they didn’t play good enough to win .

It is starting to seem obvious that BC played in the tougher district.  If Silsbee wins tonight, proof is in the pudding. 

7 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Classic!  Out of likes. 

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

It is starting to seem obvious that BC played in the tougher district.  If Silsbee wins tonight, proof is in the pudding. 

I know you won’t be interested in season records between the districts but just for grins I’m gonna disagree. I think the 4 payoffs teams in one of those districts were 12-0 against foes from the other district. The playoffs are one and done if you lose but I ain’t sure I would completely  discount a seasons record but carry on. 

6 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I know you won’t be interested in season records between the districts but just for grins I’m gonna disagree. I think the 4 payoffs teams in one of those districts were 12-0 against foes from the other district. The playoffs are one and done if you lose but I ain’t sure I would completely  discount a seasons record but carry on. 

Call me crazy but I think 3-1 (above average) when it counts is better than 1-3 (below average) when it counts.  I think ole Red Auerbach maybe came up with the theory that playoff games mean more than regular season games.  He was a genius like that. 

25 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Call me crazy but I think 3-1 (above average) when it counts is better than 1-3 (below average) when it counts.  I think ole Red Auerbach maybe came up with the theory that playoff games mean more than regular season games.  He was a genius like that. 

I don’t think Red would turn a blind eye on 12/0 . I will agree though you gotta do it in the playoffs. 

28 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

On a completely different topic, how many games did you see Red coach?? The man was a master. 

2 minutes ago, whsalum said:

On a completely different topic, how many games did you see Red coach?? The man was a master. 

Zero unfortunately.  Unless you count replays on the NBA network.  He was also maybe the best GM ever.   I was around to see him absolutely own team after teams in trades/draft picks.  He was one of a kind. 

36 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Zero unfortunately.  Unless you count replays on the NBA network.  He was also maybe the best GM ever.   I was around to see him absolutely own team after teams in trades/draft picks.  He was one of a kind. 

We finally agreed on something, don’t let this get out 😂😂the man was a genius