Bridge City 54 Hardin-Jefferson 49/FINAL

WOSgrad

6 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

BC with a huge win, #22 & 23 for BC just were not going to lose today. Free throw shooing down the stretch for HJ was brutal.  

Been telling people #23 was the best player in the county since before the season started.  People who only look at points scored get confused.  But that kid is a gym rat that can flat out play and makes his teammates better.  Congrats Cards!

7 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

This was HJ year to possible beat Yates (if they would have played each other), but HJ couldn’t beat an unranked, average Bridge City Team.  I love it that HJ and their head coach took that L. 

Average compared to whom?  Yates?  Then I would agree.  But that is a senior-laden group who play very well together.  Can they compete with the big bad Lions?   Likely no.  But they also draw from a population base of 8k compared to 2.3 million.  That’s right, you have roughly 287 times the population base of Bridge City from which to recruit.  I understand it has been a down year recruiting for Coach Wise but your student body of athletes is still one any coach down here would salivate for.  

So when you denigrate a team by calling it average, just remember you are the 21 year old playing in the park with middle schoolers.  Congratulations I guess??

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Average compared to whom?  Yates?  Then I would agree.  But that is a senior-laden group who play very well together.  Can they compete with the big bad Lions?   Likely no.  But they also draw from a population base of 8k compared to 2.3 million.  That’s right, you have roughly 287 times the population base of Bridge City from which to recruit.  I understand it has been a down year recruiting for Coach Wise but your student body of athletes is still one any coach down here would salivate for.  

So when you denigrate a team by calling it average, just remember you are the 21 year old playing in the park with middle schoolers.  Congratulations I guess??

Let’s give the population thing a rest, this senior laden group who play very well together could not beat a freshman loaded Silsbee Lite Team. I didn’t see anyone talking about Bridge City making any noise in the playoffs, but this could be the dark horse in the playoffs this year. I can’t say this is a above average or elite team that finished third in their district this year. 

TxHoops I’m curious on how you rate this BC team ??? 

5 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Let’s give the population thing a rest, this senior laden group who play very well together could not beat a freshman loaded Silsbee Lite Team. I didn’t see anyone talking about Bridge City making any noise in the playoffs, but this could be the dark horse in the playoffs this year. I can’t say this is a above average or elite team that finished third in their district this year. 

TxHoops I’m curious on how you rate this BC team ??? 

I’m sure you would like to give the population thing a rest.  Just like the 21 year old likes to shave before he goes to school the 12 year olds.  

I think this BC team has much to be proud of.  They are as good a team as I remember them having in a long, long time.  So while they aren’t on a Yates’ standard and don’t need 3 rows of chairs to complete a 27 player bench, I wouldn’t call them average.  I would call them a good group of young men who play extremely well together.  And a team that just achieved a major win for their program. 

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I’m sure you would like to give the population thing a rest.  Just like the 21 year old likes to shave before he goes to school the 12 year olds.  

I think this BC team has much to be proud of.  They are as good a team as I remember them having in a long, long time.  So while they aren’t on a Yates’ standard and don’t need 3 rows of chairs to complete a 27 player bench, I wouldn’t call them average.  I would call them a good group of young men who play extremely well together.  And a team that just achieved a major win for their program. 

I never said this BC Team was on the level of Yates Sir, Yates isn’t on the same level with those Dallas Schools (Faith Family, Duncanville). This was A Big Win for BC today but it doesn’t change the fact that they are an average team. I guess my rating system is different from others, a Good Team wins their district or finishes in 2nd place. A Good Team makes a deep run in the playoffs. I look forward to playing BC in the Quarters (if they beat Wharton) and if we are able to beat the Silsbee v HF winner. Hey this is my personal opinion.

Just now, SportsJunkie32 said:

I never said this BC Team was on the level of Yates Sir, Yates isn’t on the same level with those Dallas Schools (Faith Family, Duncanville). This was A Big Win for BC today but it doesn’t change the fact that they are an average team. I guess my rating system is different from others, a Good Team wins their district or finishes in 2nd place. A Good Team makes a deep run in the playoffs. I look forward to playing BC in the Quarters (if they beat Wharton) and if we are able to beat the Silsbee v HF winner. Hey this is my personal opinion.

I get it.  You don’t like HJ or their coach based on comments last year.  But while digging at them, you kind of insulted the team that beat them.   Obviously Yates is below average if you compare them to Duncanville (who beat the brakes off of them) or even a United or Hightower team who would likely beat the brakes off of the Lions.  

I generally don’t have a problem with Yates.  I will root for them against one team in particular in the region, and will always root for them against any team from the Metroplex.  

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I get it.  You don’t like HJ or their coach based on comments last year.  But while digging at them, you kind of insulted the team that beat them.   Obviously Yates is below average if you compare them to Duncanville (who beat the brakes off of them) or even a United or Hightower team who would likely beat the brakes off of the Lions.  

I generally don’t have a problem with Yates.  I will root for them against one team in particular in the region, and will always root for them against any team from the Metroplex.  

Yes Sir we don’t mind losing (get the brakes beat off us) to those elite, above average teams, but don’t complain when Yates beat the brakes off teams that are below us.

Tell you what if BC makes it to the Regionals this year I will give them a Good Team Rating.