'21 5AD2 R3 Favorite

AledoAlumni

Vote  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is the region 3 favorite?

• Crosby
    • Fort Bend Marshall
    • Huntsville
    • Other (post answer below)

On 2/26/2021 at 7:26 AM, aledoalumni said:

@Eazy On another thread you said this " I personally had Huntsville-Aledo in my predicted Final." First question was how do you think the game goes and second how many do yall return this coming season?

Aledo destroys anyone coming out of R3 last year. The only ones who would have had a chance would have been Marshall but they self imploded against Crosby and didn't earn the shot. 

Marshall's Wide receiver combo would have caused problems for the defense if Aledo tried to play them straight up, thus rolling coverages would have likely given more shots to FBM as they seemed to be a better passing team this year. 

Coming into 5A-D2 region 3 for next years it’s Fort Bend Marshall and then wide open for anybody else. I think you’re going to see a significant drop off from Huntsville with the Bobino brothers graduating, that Hornet D-line was the main reason for their success in recent years. 

I think you always have to throw A&M Con. in the mix as long as Fedora is there but I would take their district mate Montgomery as a squad that could make a serious run with what they have returning. 

Crosby is going to have a bunch of talent but they’ll be young and may take half the season before they actually get going. Who knows though, maybe the extra six weeks of practice last year expedites the process? I expect FBM to be ridiculous good with the new kid they’re going to start at qb next year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 11:55 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

I think you always have to throw A&M Con. in the mix as long as Fedora is there but I would take their district mate Montgomery as a squad that could make a serious run with what they have returning. 

These past few seasons I'd say A&M is 2nd in disappointment only behind the Marshall Mavericks. Each season I've thought this is the year A&M breaks through but havent. I know they lost a super close game a couple years ago to FBM but they could have won that. But they had poor play calling and execution on the final drive. 

23 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

These past few seasons I'd say A&M is 2nd in disappointment only behind the Marshall Mavericks. Each season I've thought this is the year A&M breaks through but havent. I know they lost a super close game a couple years ago to FBM but they could have won that. But they had poor play calling and execution on the final drive. 

Speaking of Marshall Mavericks their new facilities are super nice. They really upgraded everything... started a beer trend with that pavilion they got. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/21/2021 at 10:05 AM, aledoalumni said:

A&M had a very impressive win over Judson Friday. Kinda shocked. They have allowed a total of 28 points threw 3 games so far. Maybe it isnt time to write them off just yet. 

4 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

A&M had a very impressive win over Judson Friday. Kinda shocked. They have allowed a total of 28 points threw 3 games so far. Maybe it isnt time to write them off just yet. 

I would definitely say A&M Con. is the favorite in the region right now based on how well they’ve played on both sides of the ball. May feel different if Huntsville beats CE King this week.

FB Marshall doesn’t look as dominant as I expected them too at the line of scrimmage this year, they may get beat by Huntsville or A&M-C in the second round. 

I think it’s too early to say.  Consol is always solid.  They have played two bad opponents and then a good win against Judson.  Not sure if Judson is really good though.  After the Oct 1 game against Huntsville, we’ll know more. District 10 is tough, and there could be some surprises.

Huntsville’s starting RB missed the game against Kingwood due to injury.  The Hornet offense looked a little lost. The defense has been pretty good, but no Bombino’s this year.  At this point, I don’t think they beat C.E. King this week.

i agree that FB Marshall is not as dominant, but they certainly are still in the running.   Crosby and Texas High are still in the conversation as well. 

6 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Crosby still not in the top 10 either. Surprised by that a little. I'd take Crosby over Lubbock Cooper, Liberty Hill and Boerne Champion today. 

1-2 The pollsters don't really care who or how you lose to people. If we had not let Carthage off the hook then we would likely be ranked right now. So... shows you have little rankings matter. 

FBM seems to be scoring a lot of points this season. Hard to tell how good they are due to the level of competition though. Started to change my mind on A&M but they lost. They remind me of Lufkin. Huntsville lost. Not sure what to think of region 3 as a whole just yet. But region 4 is not as good so the state rep will be a region 3 team.