Beaumont United 92 LaPorte 54/FINAL

JustUs

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

@TxHoops , what was the ending dunk count?

I think 5-1.   But that is not official.  I think Arceneaux had 4 and Porshia had 1.  

T’wolves easily had biggest and best fan support of the four schools I watched today.   Foster will be a tricky matchup we they have an elite guard and big.  They took Hightower to OT this season in one game and lost by 4 the other time they played.  One game at a time and United will be fine though.  

24 minutes ago, underdog15 said:

United vs Hightower Showdown will be a classic

I agree but have to win some to get there.  This next one, they have to be ready to play.  Chancellor White is a bucket and 6-8 A&M OL signee Reuben “Deuce” Fatheree gave the 6-9 kid from Hightower the business the last time they played.  United is deeper and more talented overall but needs to bring A game for this one. 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I agree but have to win some to get there.  This next one, they have to be ready to play.  Chancellor White is a bucket and 6-8 A&M OL signee Reuben “Deuce” Fatheree gave the 6-9 kid from Hightower the business the last time they played.  United is deeper and more talented overall but needs to bring A game for this one. 

He won’t be able to handle Terrance because United really has 5 Guards you have to guard him or he’ll kill you from deep 

6 minutes ago, underdog15 said:

He won’t be able to handle Terrance because United really has 5 Guards you have to guard him or he’ll kill you from deep 

I agree but they took Hightower to the wire twice which has Bryce Griggs (the one kid in the region who I put with Arceneaux).  United plays well, they win.  If they don’t, Foster could upset them.  That’s all I’m saying. 

On 2/20/2021 at 8:34 PM, TxHoops said:

I agree but they took Hightower to the wire twice which has Bryce Griggs (the one kid in the region who I put with Arceneaux).  United plays well, they win.  If they don’t, Foster could upset them.  That’s all I’m saying. 

Totally agree. Bryce Griggs can beat this United team with just a little help from his teammates. 

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

I disagree.

I put United ahead of Atascocita and Cita handled Hightower and Griggs fairly easily.

United wins the region if they play well.

Ok. "Playoff" Bryce Griggs is an entirely different animal than most.  I know you've seen him. Arceneaux and company are very talented, but Griggs is a pro. He will be way too much for anyone in 5A. Hightower has a pretty good supporting cast as well.

6 minutes ago, JayBilas said:

Totally agree. Bryce Griggs can beat this United team with just a little help from his teammates. 

You're crazy as hell. Look at Hightower's record. Teams have already figured out how to beat Griggs and this team. United should be favored in a game against Hightower.

Just now, Yeoj said:

You're crazy as hell. Look at Hightower's record. Teams have already figured out how to beat Griggs and this team. United should be favored in a game against Hightower.

Ok. Just remember you heard it here first. Hightower will win the region again. United will be favored, but Hightower has the only pro on the floor.

2 hours ago, JayBilas said:

Ok. Just remember you heard it here first. Hightower will win the region again. United will be favored, but Hightower has the only pro on the floor.

Ehhh that’s debatable, Arceneaux will likely be a top 75 player in the country after this summer and to say Wesley Yates could be also wouldn’t be a stretch. Both are on paths to be able to at minimum have a chance to play professional basketball at some degree. 

31 minutes ago, Tyler Dixson said:

Ehhh that’s debatable, Arceneaux will likely be a top 75 player in the country after this summer and to say Wesley Yates could be also wouldn’t be a stretch. Both are on paths to be able to at minimum have a chance to play professional basketball at some degree. 

Completely agree.  They are both high major kids.  And both would be the number one ranked kid in their respective classes (and were) in the greater Houston area but for Griggs moving back.  I wouldn’t bet against either one of them eventually making money playing this game.  

Speaking of, TJ Atwood had a 50 piece the other night playing in Malta.  

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Completely agree.  They are both high major kids.  And both would be the number one ranked kid in their respective classes (and were) in the greater Houston area but for Griggs moving back.  I wouldn’t bet against either one of them eventually making money playing this game.  

Speaking of, TJ Atwood had a 50 piece the other night playing in Malta.  

Dang!