[Serious] What Happened To The Normal Conservatives Here??

InMAGAWeTrust

1 hour ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

I respect elders.

I don’t support them running for office at 70+ years old, however. Big difference. 

But good job on the mental gymnastics required to jump to that conclusion!  

It’s not age, it’s mental faculties. I don’t care about young whipper snappers shooting their mouths off to the previous generations because they’re crybabies. 
Always with the condescension. You should be proud. 

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

It’s not age, it’s mental faculties. I don’t care about young whipper snappers shooting their mouths off to the previous generations because they’re crybabies. 
Always with the condescension. You should be proud. 

Oh boo hoo the “facts over feelings” crowd now all of a sudden concerned about their feelings

stop being a snowflake ❄️ 

I've had family members, friends, and co-workers all reach that "expiration point" at which they just aren't what they used to be-physically or mentally.  Even if you believe that the Joe Biden of the 90s-'15 was a skilled politician, he's just not the same dude.    

Reagan wasn't the same in '88 that he was in '80, either.

We didn't just become the greatest civilization in history by accident... it's generation after generation of achievement that got us here.  It's sad that the younger guys see the whole system as somehow flawed and a failure, without considering that this is without a doubt the greatest place on earth, past or present. You can spout off all that you want about how this generation developed the smartphone and internet... I kind of think that history won't look back on it as our crowning achievement.  If you had a snapshot of the world in the 40s and see where we are now, we got a whole lot of things right.  My grandfather was born in 1903 and could remember the first time he ever saw an automobile.  In his lifetime he watched space shuttles launched and landed, satellite tv, and a baseball game in the airconditioned astrodome.  All we can say about this generation is that they've developed a means to blast their opinions an ideas at each other, and it's probably going to lead to the end of our civilization based on the events of the last few years.   

13 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Oh boo hoo the “facts over feelings” crowd now all of a sudden concerned about their feelings

stop being a snowflake ❄️ 

Calling you a crybaby is being a snowflake or is it that you haven’t had a chance to use the term today and saw your opportunity?

I got your snowflake....

43 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I've had family members, friends, and co-workers all reach that "expiration point" at which they just aren't what they used to be-physically or mentally.  Even if you believe that the Joe Biden of the 90s-'15 was a skilled politician, he's just not the same dude.    

We didn't just become the greatest civilization in history by accident... it's generation after generation of achievement that got us here.  It's sad that the younger guys see the whole system as somehow flawed and a failure, without considering that this is without a doubt the greatest place on earth, past or present. You can spout off all that you want about how this generation developed the smartphone and internet... I kind of think that history won't look back on it as our crowning achievement.  If you had a snapshot of the world in the 40s and see where we are now, we got a whole lot of things right.  My grandfather was born in 1903 and could remember the first time he ever saw an automobile.  In his lifetime he watched space shuttles launched and landed, satellite tv, and a baseball game in the airconditioned astrodome.  All we can say about this generation is that they've developed a means to blast their opinions an ideas at each other, and it's probably going to lead to the end of our civilization based on the events of the last few years.   

Smartphone, internet? Don’t care about SPOUTING OFF on those things, but their technology came from baby boomers, the greatest generation the planet has ever known. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Agree with much of your post except the Reagan remark.  He was tagged as crazy and a cowboy from the beginning because he scared the crap out of the Democrats with his bold unwavering stances.  He made the “Tear down this wall” speech at the end of his term in 87, lived another 16 years and did suffer from Alzheimer’s late in life. 

He was all there in 88, I was there and paying attention because he’s the one that caused me to become engaged in what was going on in politics.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Agree with much of your post except the Reagan remark.  He was tagged as crazy and a cowboy from the beginning because he scared the crap out of the Democrats with his bold unwavering stances.  He made the “Tear down this wall” speech at the end of his term in 87, lived another 16 years and did suffer from Alzheimer’s late in life. 

He was all there in 88, I was there and paying attention because he’s the one that caused me to become engaged in what was going on in politics.

I still remember the repeated “I don’t recall” answer during the investigation into the Iran/Contra affair. He admitted his decline in 1994 (six years out of office) and died in 2004. 

1 hour ago, mat said:

1) Ds and Rs should be able to nominate who they think is most qualified and the American people vote for who they choose, regardless of age.

2) The last two pages of this thread greatly illustrate what happened to the normal conservatives that used to post. Too much disrespect.

Do you support eliminating the age requirement to run for President then? I personally don’t. I think having someone too young, or too old, is just a bad idea.

Same concept with having physical fitness standards for cops and firefighters (or is that not a thing anymore? I’ve seen some fatty cops)

now that I think about it.. why do they always send the young guys to war and not the 70 year old guys?

fair enough on point #2 - if ya can’t beat em, join em 😘

13 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Do you support eliminating the age requirement to run for President then? I personally don’t. I think having someone too young, or too old, is just a bad idea.

Same concept with having physical fitness standards for cops and firefighters (or is that not a thing anymore? I’ve seen some fatty cops)

now that I think about it.. why do they always send the young guys to war and not the 70 year old guys?

fair enough on point #2 - if ya can’t beat em, join em 😘

I understand respect your age opinion, however if the majority of the voters disagree, they should be able vote outside the preferred age group. Now, sure you understand the military age limit is for physical reasons and not mental, don’t you? 

1 hour ago, mat said:

I understand respect your age opinion, however if the majority of the voters disagree, they should be able vote outside the preferred age group. Now, sure you understand the military age limit is for physical reasons and not mental, don’t you? 

My point is that there needs to be standards for these jobs, and old people’s physical and mental well-being deteriorate at an exponentially faster rate as they age. Father Time is undefeated

now, I’m not saying we discard old people and throw them in a ditch, I’m just saying I don’t think 70+ year olds should be allowed to be president. It’s the most important job in the world and I would prefer that they are “all there”. I think the older subject matter experts (assuming they are in fact qualified on paper) could be better utilized in cabinet or advisor positions, where the job doesn’t demand they attempt or pretend to be masters of the universe 

5 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

My point is that there needs to be standards for these jobs, and old people’s physical and mental well-being deteriorate at an exponentially faster rate as they age. Father Time is undefeated

now, I’m not saying we discard old people and throw them in a ditch, I’m just saying I don’t think 70+ year olds should be allowed to be president. It’s the most important job in the world and I would prefer that they are “all there”. I think the older subject matter experts (assuming they are in fact qualified on paper) could be better utilized in cabinet or advisor positions, where the job doesn’t demand they attempt or pretend to be masters of the universe 

Do you know what it would take to do this?

Serious question.

20 hours ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

No doubt about it. Just another reason why these baby boomer dinosaurs should not be running for political offices anymore.. they’ve had their chance for the last couple decades.. and they fail every time 

Who hasn’t failed? Do you have a list? The way I see it, NONE on either side have done a very good job of governing the country. 

59 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Who hasn’t failed? Do you have a list? The way I see it, NONE on either side have done a very good job of governing the country. 

Yeah exactly, so you want to keep doing the same thing over and over?

Biden, Chuck, Mitch and Nancy, etc should not be in office anymore man.. it’s time to go

30 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’ve been saying that for quite a while.

Why do you think they keep getting voted in another term?

Because everyone hates congress, except for “their guy”. The majority of voters have tunnel vision and only see the (R) or (D)

Now Biden, he only won because he wasn’t trump. Not because people love Biden. A potato could’ve beaten Trump in this election.

i still stand by my -opinion- that the last 3 presidential candidates (Hillary, Trump, Biden) are by far the worst 3 in modern history. 

6 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Because everyone hates congress, except for “their guy”. The majority of voters have tunnel vision and only see the (R) or (D)

Now Biden, he only won because he wasn’t trump. Not because people love Biden. A potato could’ve beaten Trump in this election.

i still stand by my -opinion- that the last 3 presidential candidates (Hillary, Trump, Biden) are by far the worst 3 in modern history. 

Can you list your reasons that Trump is one of the worst...be specific.

18 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Can you list your reasons that Trump is one of the worst...be specific.

- privileged draft dodger

- called war heroes losers and suckers

- bankrupted multiple businesses on daddy’s money 

- reality tv show (Hollywood) host

- racial tensions at levels not since in decades 

- 400,000+ Americans dead from a “hoax”

- trillion dollar deficits

- traitor who attempted a coup

Feel free to make another topic if you’d like to refute any of my points above 

1 minute ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

- privileged draft dodger

- called war heroes losers and suckers

- bankrupted multiple businesses on daddy’s money 

- reality tv show (Hollywood) host

- racial tensions at levels not since in decades 

- 400,000+ Americans dead from a “hoax”

- trillion dollar deficits

- traitor who attempted a coup

Feel free to make another topic if you’d like to refute any of my points above 

As usual, you can't come up with any policies that made him a bad President...wouldn't expect you to anyway, you're response was juvenile.

Folks are always complaining that the system is broke…WE WANT BETTER!

We got better with Donald Trump, he wasn’t a politician, he upset folks on both sides because he wouldn’t play by either’s rules, he moved us to energy independence, he lowered our taxes, he stood up to China, he appointed excellent judges on several federal levels, he was addressing our border and illegals problem, he had the economy roaring and even achieved an incredible recovery in the midst of the pandemic, I could go on and on but the point is that he put America first and didn’t really care what either side thought about it.  He was, without a doubt, a rude and crude loudmouth, but he was also, without a doubt, BETTER for this country (all demographics) that anyone we’ve seen in a long time.  Too bad that so many in their pursuit of better elected an idiot that can’t be trusted with nuclear responsibilities.

It’s a shame that so many complain about better but can’t recognize it when it shows up.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

As usual, you can't come up with any policies that made him a bad President...wouldn't expect you to anyway, you're response was juvenile.

Folks are always complaining that the system is broke…WE WANT BETTER!

We got better with Donald Trump, he wasn’t a politician, he upset folks on both sides because he wouldn’t play by either’s rules, he moved us to energy independence, he lowered our taxes, he stood up to China, he appointed excellent judges on several federal levels, he was addressing our border and illegals problem, he had the economy roaring and even achieved an incredible recovery in the midst of the pandemic, I could go on and on but the point is that he put America first and didn’t really care what either side thought about it.  He was, without a doubt, a rude and crude loudmouth, but he was also, without a doubt, BETTER for this country (all demographics) that anyone we’ve seen in a long time.  Too bad that so many in their pursuit of better elected an idiot that can’t be trusted with nuclear responsibilities.

It’s a shame that so many complain about better but can’t recognize it when it shows up.

Man you are lost brother. Agree to disagree, and this is coming from a former big Trump fan..