RIP RUSH

Hagar

Can’t imagine anyone rising up comparable to Rush Limbaugh.  Like him or hate him, he was the King of his field.  Guys with his ability rarely come along.  Guys like Walter Winchell, Paul Harvey.   Analogous to a Tom Brady in football, Michael Jordan in basketball, a Walter Cronkite in TV news, or a John Wayne in movies.  Special individuals who have that thing, the IT factor.  There are hundreds/thousands of others that do the same thing, a few almost as well or so close, barely indistinguishable, but they don’t have the IT.   If there’s a name for IT I don’t know it.  I have no idea why they have IT and others don’t.

RIP Rush.

Rush did radio like a steak.....a rare medium well done. Difficult to replace.

Hagar mentioned Paul Harvey. I grew up listening to him. He had a serious and humorous side. To me, what made him so great was his pauses....even in his sign off. Sorry, not trying to overshadow the passing of Limbaugh, just didn’t want to start another thread.

Rush will be sorely missed. R.I.P.

In 1993 we were living in Marshall, Tx and had just gotten out of the military.  I was in the police academy but had to go every day to Texarkana.  We had no money so my wife would pack me a sandwich and some chips for lunch.  I would go and sit out in my truck and listen to him every day while I ate.  Good times and seems just like yesterday.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Rush did radio like a steak.....a rare medium well done. Difficult to replace.

Hagar mentioned Paul Harvey. I grew up listening to him. He had a serious and humorous side. To me, what made him so great was his pauses....even in his sign off. Sorry, not trying to overshadow the passing of Limbaugh, just didn’t want to start another thread.

Rush will be sorely missed. R.I.P.

Spot on about Paul Harvey.  That pause, and then, good day.  Simple words that had an impact.  That’s that IT factor I referred to.

1 hour ago, Realville said:

True American Patriot to Conservatism. Heart Broken to hear of his passing. Prayers for the family. One of his sayings was “Half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair” was so true. Great conservative mind. Will be missed greatly by millions. 

RIP RUSH  

“ The Doctor of Democracy “

Another one of his great lines was in reference to liberals:

"I know them like every square inch of my gloriously naked body."

On 2/17/2021 at 4:15 PM, Hagar said:

Spot on about Paul Harvey.  That pause, and then, good day.  Simple words that had an impact.  That’s that IT factor I referred to.

Charisma, that's the word for IT. Paul Harvey was one of my favorites. As a young kid, my dad would listen to him every morning on the way to drop me off at school. Sometimes even let me be late to hear... "the rest of the story." I was lucky and always cherish those memories.