Entergy's Rolling Blackouts!

Reagan

I would like for someone to show me where it says that these companies guaranteed you that you would never be without power. You can't because they can't. No matter how good you plan, no matter how many back-ups you have, #### happens. Why don't  they bury power lines,so you don't have to worry about trees falling on them, ice storms, tornadoes, hurricanes or uncle Charlie hitting a power pole. Stuff happens all the time, yet they should have back-up plan after back-up plan to contend with it. Did your water lines freeze, well shame on you if they did. What happened, did you not think it was going to get that cold or was it pure laziness on your part for not protecting them better. No, I did not leave my water running, that's a waste.

4 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

I would like for someone to show me where it says that these companies guaranteed you that you would never be without power. You can't because they can't. No matter how good you plan, no matter how many back-ups you have, #### happens. Why don't  they bury power lines,so you don't have to worry about trees falling on them, ice storms, tornadoes, hurricanes or uncle Charlie hitting a power pole. Stuff happens all the time, yet they should have back-up plan after back-up plan to contend with it. Did your water lines freeze, well shame on you if they did. What happened, did you not think it was going to get that cold or was it pure laziness on your part for not protecting them better. No, I did not leave my water running, that's a waste.

There is a company that guarantees that you want lose power. It’s called a Residential Generac Generator. The second the power from the grid cuts off BOOM! Generac cuts on! Great investment if you can afford it. 😎

On 2/17/2021 at 10:23 PM, EagleFan2004 said:

You guys are incorrect. Texas is run by 90% fossil fuel and 10% turbines give or take. Not only did the turbines freeze but so did the oil wells and pipelines. AOC isn’t to blame it’s the Texas government who is incompetent because none of our material was winterized. I know you probably won’t believe what I just said and you will call it “fake news” but a quick and simple google search will tell you I’m right. 

What you’re saying is not even true. But even if you’re correct (which you’re not), I don’t think a once every 50 years event warrants spending millions, at the least, to “winterize” turbines, oil wells and pipelines. It’s an anomaly. 

8 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

What you’re saying is not even true. But even if you’re correct (which you’re not), I don’t think a once every 50 years event warrants spending millions, at the least, to “winterize” turbines, oil wells and pipelines. It’s an anomaly. 

So no other state went through a once in 50 year event? How are this states able to keep the lights on but we aren’t? 

1 hour ago, EagleFan2004 said:

So no other state went through a once in 50 year event? How are this states able to keep the lights on but we aren’t? 

I would venture a guess that, those that live where this weather is commonplace, are better suited to handle it.  I would bet their homes are better insulated than those in Texas, therefore, energy consumption not near as high.