Entergy's Rolling Blackouts!

Reagan

2 hours ago, mat said:

I can't imagine the usage being higher than a hot summer week during the summer.

It's not.  What happened was the wind turbines supplying X amount of electricity froze.  Couldn't handle what they promised.  We were short that amount.  Nothing as back up.  That's why the rolling blackouts!   The green crowd strikes again!

You guys are incorrect. Texas is run by 90% fossil fuel and 10% turbines give or take. Not only did the turbines freeze but so did the oil wells and pipelines. AOC isn’t to blame it’s the Texas government who is incompetent because none of our material was winterized. I know you probably won’t believe what I just said and you will call it “fake news” but a quick and simple google search will tell you I’m right. 

42 minutes ago, EagleFan2004 said:

You guys are incorrect. Texas is run by 90% fossil fuel and 10% turbines give or take. Not only did the turbines freeze but so did the oil wells and pipelines. AOC isn’t to blame it’s the Texas government who is incompetent because none of our material was winterized. I know you probably won’t believe what I just said and you will call it “fake news” but a quick and simple google search will tell you I’m right. 

This is the hidden content, please

6 hours ago — An ERCOT report on generating capacity listed the top sources of power in the state: Natural gas (51%) Wind (24.8%) Coal (13.4%)

I believe your off on your numbers Bro. 24.8% is not the same as 10%, huge difference. There’s your Google data.  Question: How long have pipelines been running through Alaska and Canada? How cold does it get in Alaska and Canada? Google it an maybe you’ll figure out what I am getting at.

44 minutes ago, EagleFan2004 said:

The oil wells and pipelines didn’t freeze and it’s not the responsibility of Texas government to winterize refineries and chemical plants. 

My article about aoc was to point out her ridiculous statement the the new green deal would have spared Texas from the rolling blackouts.

1 hour ago, EagleFan2004 said:

Our first clue is that you are on the side of AOC!   SMH!

9 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The oil wells and pipelines didn’t freeze and it’s not the responsibility of Texas government to winterize refineries and chemical plants. 

My article about aoc was to point out her ridiculous statement the the new green deal would have spared Texas from the rolling blackouts.

So if they didn’t freeze or buckle due to the cold conditions why didn’t they continue to operate?? Your logic makes no sense. 

9 hours ago, Realville said:

6 hours ago — An ERCOT report on generating capacity listed the top sources of power in the state: Natural gas (51%) Wind (24.8%) Coal (13.4%)

I believe your off on your numbers Bro. 24.8% is not the same as 10%, huge difference. There’s your Google data.  Question: How long have pipelines been running through Alaska and Canada? How cold does it get in Alaska and Canada? Google it an maybe you’ll figure out what I am getting at.

So if natural gas is so superior to wind energy why was it compromised as well? Is it AOC’s fault? Like I stated above our state government and their incompetence is the reason we are in this position. Every other state went through the same storm and many much worse than we had it. Their wind turbines and natural gas resources weren’t compromised. Why is that you think?