Lumberton 67 West Orange-Stark 62/FINAL

WOSgrad

WOS fans keep talking about how young they are and what they have coming back. I know that Brown, the twins, and Wardlow are coming back, but who else. And as for the JV, I only saw them play OF, but they got handled by a LOT both times. Not sure there is much on that team that will help next year.

6 hours ago, JACK OF ALL TRADES said:

@Benchwarmer9 don’t know ya’lls coach but I know ours and I know Wilson will have our boys ready.  We also return a lot.  Plus our JV last night beat ya’lls with mostly freshman on it.  Your coach is going to have to have them ready or you guys will get blown out.

I know you won’t have #24 to lean on and that’s why I see you guys losing first round.  Under Wilson these ain’t the same Mustangs 

You always say this isnt the same mustangs but I went back and did some research, and to me it kind of seems like this is a normal WOS basketball team. 

2016-2017: 11-17 *Playoff team

2017-2018: 17-18* playoff team

2018-2019: 17-17 * playoff team

2019-2020: 13-21

2020-2021: 10-15* playoff team

Source: Maxpreps

1 hour ago, Cherokee88 said:

You always say this isnt the same mustangs but I went back and did some research, and to me it kind of seems like this is a normal WOS basketball team. 

2016-2017: 11-17 *Playoff team

2017-2018: 17-18* playoff team

2018-2019: 17-17 * playoff team

2019-2020: 13-21

2020-2021: 10-15* playoff team

Source: Maxpreps

The 2013-14 team was the gold standard.  MaxPreps says they won 28 games, I knew it was close to 30.  They went to regionals, losing to Navasota in Huntsville.  I believe that was also Jason Wilkins last year to coach, who was as good as I’ve seen in WO during my time here. 

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

The 2013-14 team was the gold standard.  MaxPreps says they won 28 games, I knew it was close to 30.  They went to regionals, losing to Navasota in Huntsville.  I believe that was also Jason Wilkins last year to coach (I believe), who was as good as I’ve seen in WO during my time here. 

Hancock had some good teams also 

@catfever we bring back Wardlow 6’4, Pappillion 6’6, Darren Anderson, Twins, Brown, Samuel, two freshman that look promising and Drucker 6’3 sophomore.  A little more than everyone except Silsbee.  I see next year being Silsbee 1, WOS 2 and the rest fighting it out.  

Now transfers and other stuff may play in but based off of what I see in the gym today for all the schools I’ve seen.  

As for same old Mustangs I don’t think so.  Difference is our gyms are staying open with Wilson and I haven’t see that here EVER.  Our boys have been scary just staying in the gym during basketball season.  But now they are in the gym as much as football is in the weight room.  

1st: it cracks me up,  how little people either know about basketball and/or must not go to the games and understand the depth of each team, who is a potential ball player and whos not, the programs, coaches, a lot comes into play.

2nd: if you have watched any game in 22-4a this year, the officials are the worst i have seen in my life, and UIL should watch their action on video and dismiss them. Now they are sh..y officials for both teams not just one. This is not street ball, and if you cant play with in the rules and not foul; maybe you should not play at all. 

3rd: as far as WOS, they are a good team, have good coach, and will be a contender next year. and possible with Silsbee. as far as last nights game, WOS got away with grabbing every trip down the floor, they fouled and they fouled and half team should have fouled out!! as well as lumberton was fouling and refs not calling.

4th: Lumberton has 5 kids returning that start, depending on whom they play and how well their output in practice. they will have 4 kids underneath all around 6'4" ht and two starter returning. so they will be strong underneath and rebound are/can be big in close games. They will have 4 kids returning at G position, 3 that rotate starting. all 8 returning varsity players are getting time in, to understand speed of the game and competition on varsity level. As far as losing #24, last time i looked, basketball is a team sport and 5 guys playing together with solid kids coming in off the bench does equal a winning program. all lumberton needs is 8 pts from each of their rotating guards (1 bucket a quarter), the avg 9 from #23, and avg 12 from big man underneath and that's at least 53 pts, that gets you in the game. if they rebound and beat the press, they are contenders if they don't their not. simple comes down to coaching, determination, inspiration, and work ethic

5th: i try not to post anything because all that does is feed the piranhas, which i suspect many never even played ball. but i stand by my comments, troll away with responses, and unlike many. i ain't hiding behind any secret screen name , my name is not secret...its posted right on the top.

44 minutes ago, paulharmon said:

1st: it cracks me up,  how little people either know about basketball and/or must not go to the games and understand the depth of each team, who is a potential ball player and whos not, the programs, coaches, a lot comes into play.

2nd: if you have watched any game in 22-4a this year, the officials are the worst i have seen in my life, and UIL should watch their action on video and dismiss them. Now they are sh..y officials for both teams not just one. This is not street ball, and if you cant play with in the rules and not foul; maybe you should not play at all. 

3rd: as far as WOS, they are a good team, have good coach, and will be a contender next year. and possible with Silsbee. as far as last nights game, WOS got away with grabbing every trip down the floor, they fouled and they fouled and half team should have fouled out!! as well as lumberton was fouling and refs not calling.

4th: Lumberton has 5 kids returning that start, depending on whom they play and how well their output in practice. they will have 4 kids underneath all around 6'4" ht and two starter returning. so they will be strong underneath and rebound are/can be big in close games. They will have 4 kids returning at G position, 3 that rotate starting. all 8 returning varsity players are getting time in, to understand speed of the game and competition on varsity level. As far as losing #24, last time i looked, basketball is a team sport and 5 guys playing together with solid kids coming in off the bench does equal a winning program. all lumberton needs is 8 pts from each of their rotating guards (1 bucket a quarter), the avg 9 from #23, and avg 12 from big man underneath and that's at least 53 pts, that gets you in the game. if they rebound and beat the press, they are contenders if they don't their not. simple comes down to coaching, determination, inspiration, and work ethic

5th: i try not to post anything because all that does is feed the piranhas, which i suspect many never even played ball. but i stand by my comments, troll away with responses, and unlike many. i ain't hiding behind any secret screen name , my name is not secret...its posted right on the top.

So just because your screen name is your actual name makes you a basketball guru?

I'm confident enough in my knowledge of the game.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So just because your screen name is your actual name makes you a basketball guru?

I'm confident enough in my knowledge of the game.

by no means does it makes me a basketball guru.

nothing makes me a guru, but i do have extreme experience playing the game, against NBA talent, College level talent, great high school talent, and logged in more hours on the court than anything in my life. 

playing ball on numerous levels, being a student of the game, and playing every waking moment for 37 yrs and following the game an addition 10 yrs does mean i have knowledge of the game.  47 year of playing, watching, learning, teaching

during more than half my adult life i would be on the court, where ever the court, not sitting in a room on this computer, but hours on the court. At 47 yrs old in NOLA at a city park guarding high school kids from St. Augustine state team running whole court holding my own. I live and breathe basketball,, so again i am not a guru, but i have a lot of knowledge of the game. 

and since i have to explain the name comment, the comment stated i dont hide behind a secret name, not my name means anything to do with basketball. lots of ppl love to troll make comments behind a name that is secret. man up, use your birth giving name. 

4 minutes ago, paulharmon said:

by no means does it makes me a basketball guru.

nothing makes me a guru, but i do have extreme experience playing the game, against NBA talent, College level talent, great high school talent, and logged in more hours on the court than anything in my life. 

playing ball on numerous levels, being a student of the game, and playing every waking moment for 37 yrs and following the game an addition 10 yrs does mean i have knowledge of the game.  47 year of playing, watching, learning, teaching

during more than half my adult life i would be on the court, where ever the court, not sitting in a room on this computer, but hours on the court. At 47 yrs old in NOLA at a city park guarding high school kids from St. Augustine state team running whole court holding my own. I live and breathe basketball,, so again i am not a guru, but i have a lot of knowledge of the game. 

and since i have to explain the name comment, the comment stated i dont hide behind a secret name, not my name means anything to do with basketball. lots of ppl love to troll make comments behind a name that is secret. man up, use your birth giving name. 

Your statement of the officials that do 22-4A games being the worst you have ever seen causes me pause when considering your "expertise". They are not the greatest by no means (some of the crews in the chapter are really good), but they are certainly not the worst. I have been around this area for many years watching and broadcasting games. I have seen much worse.

Knowing that you have been "kicked out" of a couple of games kind of tells me all I need to know.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Your statement of the officials that do 22-4A games being the worst you have ever seen causes me pause when considering your "expertise". They are not the greatest by no means (some of the crews in the chapter are really good), but they are certainly not the worst. I have been around this area for many years watching and broadcasting games. I have seen much worse.

Knowing that you have been "kicked out" of a couple of games kind of tells me all I need to know.

i've only been kicked out of one game, so u dont know what you think you know.....and for saying what "your so bad i bet your mom is disappointed in you"

if that bothers him, he really should get out of the business. but me calling out a official because he SUCKS, has nothing to do with my knowledge or expertise of the game.....so keep trolling

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

SETXsports director/manager, with that title, if you have attended 22-4a district games and believe any crew is good. then keep doing what your doing, a computer jockey

anticipating computer piranha any second...LOL

2 minutes ago, paulharmon said:

i've only been kicked out of one game, so u dont know what you think you know.....and for saying what "your so bad i bet your mom is disappointed in you"

if that bothers him, he really should get out of the business. but me calling out a official because he SUCKS, has nothing to do with my knowledge or expertise of the game.....so keep trolling

You stated that all the officiating crews that called 22-4A games were the worst. Not just one official.

It's your opinion, but it's off base and somewhat reflects your knowledge.

Just now, paulharmon said:

SETXsports director/manager, with that title, if you have attended 22-4a district games and believe any crew is good. then keep doing what your doing, a computer jockey

anticipating computer piranha any second...LOL

I broadcast the first Lumberton/Silsbee game this year. I spoke to you. You were being too loud sitting by my table. Then promptly got removed from the gym.

I think most folks around here (including the area coaches) will tell you I get around and see lot's of games.

I see way more games in this area than you have and that is not an opinion. That's a fact. Just ask your Coach Mitchell

You stated that all the officiating crews that called 22-4A games were the worst. Not just one official.

It's your opinion, but it's off base and somewhat reflects your knowledge.

your right, it is my opinion. opinion based off 47 yrs in the game. its dead on. the rules are in black in white and not open for an official to decide how he wants to call. if it is a rule, and that rule is broken, its a foul every time. 

I broadcast the first Lumberton/Silsbee game this year. I spoke to you. You were being too loud sitting by my table. Then promptly got removed from the gym.

I think most folks around here (including the area coaches) will tell you I get around and see lot's of games.

I see way more games in this area than you have and that is not an opinion. That's a fact. Just ask your Coach Mitchell

you didn't speak with me. A silsbee kid was laying on the baseline with the ball and i hollered he's out of bounds, which he was. the official looking down the base line made no call. That was obvious call, he saw it and did nothing. I asked you if me yelling interfered with what you was doing, you said yes, so i removed my self from your location so you could do your job. i was loud like every other person in the gym, but i was close by you, so i removed my self so not to disrupt what you was doing. that was in first period.

i was asked to leave around 1:40 mark of 4th period, not because i was threating, but because i was closest loudest fan hollering. there were others saying same, even others heckling players and other fans. 

and thats great you get around, but the officials were horrible this year. and i never said horrible against lumberton, but horrible to all teams. if you could not observe how horrible the officials are, maybe that just makes you a great sports SETXsports director/manager.

you may see way more, but i've seen a lot this year.  but ive seen a lot, played a lot over 47 yrs as well.