Little Cypress-Mauriceville 64 Silsbee 88/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Yates is in a similar situation this year, but they are still beating the brakes off the bottom feeders of the district (Scarborough, Worthing and Wheatley)

Yates is better than Silsbee.

(that's what you have been waiting for someone to say)

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Yates is better than Silsbee.

(that's what you have been waiting for someone to say)

No Sir, I actually like the fans from Silsbee.  The coaching staff goes out of their way to stop and talk with me.  The head coach has a VIP Seat waiting for me if I ever make it to Silsbee HS, (that's a long drive from Houston). Yates v Silsbee Games are good.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Little Cypress-Mauriceville 64 Silsbee 88/FINAL
42 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Yates is in a similar situation this year, but they are still beating the brakes off the bottom feeders of the district (Scarborough, Worthing and Wheatley)

Similar situation except for the small difference in population to draw from.  Call me crazy but I’d like to field a team from a population of over 2 million vs 6 thousand....

Thought the dunk count was 2 - 1 LCM.

They must have got another one after I left with under a minute to play.

Crazy how people in the stands don't get as hyped for dunks anymore unless it's something crazy. Back when I was in school any dunk would bring the entire crowd to their feet. Now it's just kinda like whatever 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Crazy how people in the stands don't get as hyped for dunks anymore unless it's something crazy. Back when I was in school any dunk would bring the entire crowd to their feet. Now it's just kinda like whatever 🤷‍♂️

Yep any dunk you would lose your mind!! 

29 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Similar situation except for the small difference in population to draw from.  Call me crazy but I’d like to field a team from a population of over 2 million vs 6 thousand....

It’s easier said then done Sir, Worthing HS is less then 5 miles from Yates and they can barely field a team. Half of the teams in our district have a difficult time fielding a team.  

29 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

That’s because only one kid on the team could dunk. Those short shorts made it difficult. 

You know another thing is kids wouldn't dream of even giving up a dunk back in the day. They'd do almost anything to stop it. You got one back then you earned it. Now they're treated like giving up layups.

Stats: All freshman and sophomores except for Baltrip.

Shan Gilder did not play, so we were missing one starter. Hope he gets one last regular season game in vs Vidor.

14 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

No Sir, I actually like the fans from Silsbee.  The coaching staff goes out of their way to stop and talk with me.  The head coach has a VIP Seat waiting for me if I ever make it to Silsbee HS, (that's a long drive from Houston). Yates v Silsbee Games are good.