The Temptations

baddog

21 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

“Papa was a Rolling Stone” is one of my favorites. 

Love the good old stuff. Don’t make music like that anymore (I liked the Four Tops). I just thought it was worth mentioning that they were all dead but still touring. I guess if dead people can vote, they might as well be able to tour. Lol

I like a lot of songs, from Merle Haggard to Sam Cooke.  I’d be hard pressed to come up with a top 5 or 10 in a particular order, but “My Girl” would be one of them.

I’m with baddog on the oldies.  I guess each generation has their music, but how someone could like rap, and not like “Sugar Pie Honey Bunch”, is beyond me.  Course my Dad had a hard time liking the music I liked, lol.  He was a Jimmy Rodgers/Hank Williams fan.  I like some of their stuff too.  I pretty much bailed out of Rock when the hard stuff hit, and the Beatles came out with Yellow Submarine.

• 3 weeks later...

I went in to The Burger Joint in Houston yesterday.  I ordered a veggie burger and onion rings. There was a table of nicely dressed police officers wearing starched white shirts, trousers, badges and guns.  I recognized some of those faces.  As I waited for my burger It came to me.   

I went over to their table and asked if they had been on this TV show The First 48 Hours.  One of them answered yes, sometimes.  I already knew that was so.  I watch that show quite a bit.  It is one of the few tv shows I watch.  And I am good at remembering faces.

3 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I went in to The Burger Joint in Houston yesterday.  I ordered a veggie burger and onion rings. There was a table of nicely dressed police officers wearing starched white shirts, trousers, badges and guns.  I recognized some of those faces.  As I waited for my burger It came to me.   

I went over to their table and asked if they had been on this TV show The First 48 Hours.  One of them answered yes, sometimes.  I already knew that was so.  I watch that show quite a bit.  It is one of the few tv shows I watch.  And I am good at remembering faces.

Were they playing the Temptations?

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

What in Hades does that have to do with anything?