Playoff warm up games/play-in seeding games

1 hour ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Has anyone heard if any games will take place?

Highly doubt there will be any warm up games. Too risky at this point with the covid stuff.

Play in games is possible. Will have to see how this weeks district games unfold. Play in/seed games would be played Monday/Tuesday, Feb. 15/16.

10 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well to my surprise:

Next Monday, Feb. 15 Lumberton vs Katy Mayde Creek at 2:30 at Katy's Merrell Center then after it will Silsbee vs Katy Tompkins at 5:00

Yes talked to Mayde Creek's coach. They were seeking games due to their district being over last week. It would be a full two weeks between last game of regular season and bi-district game. Like you Im surprised but I do see the reasoning behind it.

1 hour ago, Djones8301 said:

Yes talked to Mayde Creek's coach. They were seeking games due to their district being over last week. It would be a full two weeks between last game of regular season and bi-district game. Like you Im surprised but I do see the reasoning behind it.

In MC and Tompkins case, I can see where they wanted games.

Was kind of surprised with Lumberton, not so much with Silsbee. That young group, who missed a couple of games due to COVID, need the court time.

15 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well to my surprise:

Next Monday, Feb. 15 Lumberton vs Katy Mayde Creek at 2:30 at Katy's Merrell Center then after it will Silsbee vs Katy Tompkins at 5:00

Two games are being played at one location (Merrell Center in Katy), but we can not play The Regional Semi-Final Games in Huntsville.  UIL ???

It does look like there will be about an hour after the game is over before the Silsbee game is supposed to start.  I would imagine the facility will be cleared and possibly some cleaning done.  Maybe on certain sections are open during the first game and the other sections opened during the other game.  I see what you are saying about the UIL and I agree that something could have been done to have a regional tournament.  State tournament is a totally different animal.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:37 AM, Djones8301 said:

Why did their district end so soon?