TREY ALLEN HIRED AS NEW KIRBYVILLE AD/HFC!

Hawks18

On 3/23/2021 at 10:46 AM, oldschool2 said:

I'm not saying I know anything about the situation or anything, because I don't.  But I do know that there is ALWAYS more than one side to a story.  And I know that just because something appears in a news article doesn't make it factual.  I think we can all agree to that.

We'll see I guess.  I know not to long ago Hamshire Fannett went after a coach for "over disciplining" so to speak.. and it turned out to be misleading.  I'll wait until the facts come out before stating my opinion.  Which is what all should do.

There wasn't anything misleading about what went on at HF.  Multiple coaches were fired, and others resigned.  I'm fairly certain the district has or will deal with lawsuits over that one.  My neighbor (family, kind of) and the son of another good friend were two of the athletes affected, one of whom ended up at a hospital in Houston in the ICU with rhabdomyolysis.  He was hospitalized for 9 days, and still has problems to this day.  A coworker's son was the third affected, and was messed up bad enough he missed two varsity soccer games.  Multiple other athletes were hospitalized with rhabdo.  That was ridiculous, and careers were affected.  I'm not sure what "turned out to be misleading" about that situation. That said, I don't know what happened with this stuff in Kirbyville.  

EDIT: Unless this happened to ANOTHER coach at HF after this whole deal that I'm talking about?

21 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

I get that, but for some of us coaching football is more than just a job. For a guy that loves football and is an offensive genius, there is no better life than to retire then be rehired to be an offensive coordinator. I'm sure he will have very few, if any classroom duties, and his sole purpose everyday is to come to work, plan practice and prepare to call plays on Friday nights and get paid to di it. All while drawing a full retirement check and a check for his limited work. Not very many better gigs than that for an Old Ball Coach.

To each their own.. to me.. being ridiculed by unrealistic parents at the end of a working career doesn't offer the same satisfaction as you're describing.  And that's exactly what it will be if they don't meet the mob's expectations.  And a high school football team rarely does.  So when that inevitably happens, whatever genius he may or not possess will be called into question.  And that's fine if it's what he wants.

Like I said.. to each their own.

Guest mrtomcat

You're telling me that Larry Haynes gets to OC at Kirbyville against his former district rivals?  Please please football gods let me Warren Warriors put them on the non-district schedule so we can get justice. :)