TREY ALLEN HIRED AS NEW KIRBYVILLE AD/HFC!

Hawks18

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Too bad. He was the guy. Probably pulled out after the scandal hit the news because little Johnny was being picked on by mean coaches. 

Obviously wasn’t “the guy” and its a good thing if he really pulled out for that reason. Shame that so many people think you can’t coach without abusing kids 

11 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

You start at the lower grades and develop your talent. Kids are not that difference from one school or another except they buy into the program at a earlier level and are coached up. 

I can assure you that some schools have more athletes and succeed more because of that fact. Not always the case but a lot of times it is. 

On 3/30/2021 at 4:03 PM, Setx fan said:

Obviously wasn’t “the guy” and its a good thing if he really pulled out for that reason. Shame that so many people think you can’t coach without abusing kids 

It's also a shame that parents these days think a kid getting a good a** chewing or being told "you aren't doing that right, go to the back of the line" is abuse.

31 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

It's also a shame that parents these days think a kid getting a good a** chewing or being told "you aren't doing that right, go to the back of the line" is abuse.

And it’s a shame your clueless. The fact of the matter is this makes 2 hires by you and the board that were total bust. Do I need to tell everyone your name. Let it go his reign as a dictator is over. I mean this guy won several state championships with PG in football but when they hired the right AD it took about 1/2 a summer to realize he had to go

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

The alleged actions in the article are much worse then what you are letting on. I’m sure those allegations are probably over exaggerated to some extent (or at least I hope so) but I’m also sure there is some truth to the allegations. Ultimately lines were crossed at some point or maybe multiple points and he didn’t have a good enough relationship with the kids and community to get past it. Kirbyville was a playoff team on the regular before he got there. They haven’t made the playoffs in 3 years since he’s been there. On top of the participation is way down. Obviously something has went wrong. 

17 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

And it’s a shame your clueless. The fact of the matter is this makes 2 hires by you and the board that were total bust. Do I need to tell everyone your name. Let it go his reign as a dictator is over. I mean this guy won several state championships with PG in football but when they hired the right AD it took about 1/2 a summer to realize he had to go

Please tell everyone my name. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, oldschool2 said:

Wow.  I guess some just keep going.  Me, personally.. nothing excited me more than retirement. 

I get that, but for some of us coaching football is more than just a job. For a guy that loves football and is an offensive genius, there is no better life than to retire then be rehired to be an offensive coordinator. I'm sure he will have very few, if any classroom duties, and his sole purpose everyday is to come to work, plan practice and prepare to call plays on Friday nights and get paid to di it. All while drawing a full retirement check and a check for his limited work. Not very many better gigs than that for an Old Ball Coach.

49 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I get that, but for some of us coaching football is more than just a job. For a guy that loves football and is an offensive genius, there is no better life than to retire then be rehired to be an offensive coordinator. I'm sure he will have very few, if any classroom duties, and his sole purpose everyday is to come to work, plan practice and prepare to call plays on Friday nights and get paid to di it. All while drawing a full retirement check and a check for his limited work. Not very many better gigs than that for an Old Ball Coach.

LOLed at that......