TREY ALLEN HIRED AS NEW KIRBYVILLE AD/HFC!

Hawks18

• WOSgrad changed the title to TREY ALLEN HIRED AS NEW KIRBYVILLE AD/HFC!
1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of conversation generated in Kirbyville from this hire. I think people were hoping to get an assistant from Jasper, but I do not think this is the one they were hoping for. 

Interesting!  Will like to hear more conversations about this.

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of conversation generated in Kirbyville from this hire. I think people were hoping to get an assistant from Jasper, but I do not think this is the one they were hoping for. 

Obviously looking at the list Bryan Barbay is hands down number 1 if you do any research. I feel like Allen will do great. I personally am excited about the hire for Kirbyville!

14 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

I was told he pulled his name out. Sometimes the best pick is not always the sexiest pick

Too bad. He was the guy. Probably pulled out after the scandal hit the news because little Johnny was being picked on by mean coaches. 

2 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

It’s going to be difficult for anyone to come in right away and win. I mean you got possibly 3 letterman returning with one starter. The majority of this team will be made up from a JV team last year. 

One thing that’s going to help is when he assures them things will be very different than what they are used too. I m going to say 50-70 show up for 2 a days if not more.  A simple nice gesture to a kid goes a long ways not your doing that wrong get to the back of the line. I would expect lots of encouragement from this staff something it has lacked for 3 years. You can bet coach will use all his playmakers not just the ones with the same last name. 

53 minutes ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

One thing that’s going to help is when he assures them things will be very different than what they are used too. I m going to say 50-70 show up for 2 a days if not more.  A simple nice gesture to a kid goes a long ways not your doing that wrong get to the back of the line. I would expect lots of encouragement from this staff something it has lacked for 3 years. You can bet coach will use all his playmakers not just the ones with the same last name. 

Oh yeah. Make sure you shower them with encouragement Coach Allen. If you hurt their feelings by pushing them to be better, they will quit, and based on this last post, it will be your fault. I sure hope those kids from Kirbyville get hired by encouraging employers that do not expect them to perform or get gone because they will be in for a rude awakening. 

Sounds like you guys need to take a day trip to WOS and see how the winningest program in our area does business. I promise you, there won't be a bunch of coddling going on over there and those kids are some of the most supported in the area by their staff. Correcting and holding kids to a standard isn't a detriment to their development and until you guys figure that out, you'll continue to languish in mediocrity or worse. 

38 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Oh yeah. Make sure you shower them with encouragement Coach Allen. If you hurt their feelings by pushing them to be better, they will quit, and based on this last post, it will be your fault. I sure hope those kids from Kirbyville get hired by encouraging employers that do not expect them to perform or get gone because they will be in for a rude awakening. 

Sounds like you guys need to take a day trip to WOS and see how the winningest program in our area does business. I promise you, there won't be a bunch of coddling going on over there and those kids are some of the most supported in the area by their staff. Correcting and holding kids to a standard isn't a detriment to their development and until you guys figure that out, you'll continue to languish in mediocrity or worse. 

It’s obvious your clueless on the type of coach Jones is or was. That guy broke them down and never built them back up. I’m not telling or do I see the new AD babying them or holding their hand