TREY ALLEN HIRED AS NEW KIRBYVILLE AD/HFC!

Hawks18

• Hawks18 changed the title to Kirbyville AD/HFC job open
21 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Be careful with these rumors, rumors that Craig Jones would be leaving Kirbyville have been floating for almost a couple of years now.

Don't know when the job will be posted, but I heard from reliable source that its for real this time.  

21 minutes ago, PdaddyBball said:

I agree with you on that. It’s been awhile since Kirbyville was on the winning track. I doubt the athletes Alvarez and Neece had in the past just stopped showing up. Hoping to see a turn around. 

well, they did. Nobody wants to put  in the work and effort required to have a winning program. everybody thinks all you have to do is show up.

Just to add some fact instead of talk.

CJones. 27 years coaching football, 8 years DC Pleasant Grove, personal coach and mentor of linebacker Lucas Wacha NFL. Played strong safety at UAM one the defense that still holds the record for the most interceptions and best defense in school history. I believe that is the only football team in UAM to advance to national playoffs in their history. Coached linebackers at WOS and they went to the state title game. His strongest reference for AD and head FB coach was Cornell Thompson.  Kirbyville has placed in the bottom 2 in team track  every year for the last 3. So much for speed. The author of Purple Pride Never Dies commented "Kirbyville is playing harder than ever, they are on the verge of coming back". These are undisputed facts.

On 11/6/2020 at 8:07 PM, texas13 said:

50 minutes ago, RealMcCoy said:

Just to add some fact instead of talk.

CJones. 27 years coaching football, 8 years DC Pleasant Grove, personal coach and mentor of linebacker Lucas Wacha NFL. Played strong safety at UAM one the defense that still holds the record for the most interceptions and best defense in school history. I believe that is the only football team in UAM to advance to national playoffs in their history. Coached linebackers at WOS and they went to the state title game. His strongest reference for AD and head FB coach was Cornell Thompson.  Kirbyville has placed in the bottom 2 in team track  every year for the last 3. So much for speed. The author of Purple Pride Never Dies commented "Kirbyville is playing harder than ever, they are on the verge of coming back". These are undisputed facts.

Great post. It gets old hearing people say Coach Jones is not a football coach. The man knows football and coaches his kids hard. Works his kids hard at practice and puts them through a tougher weight training program than probably anyone in the area. Yes most of his success as a head coach has been in baseball, that does not mean he isn’t a good football coach. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to TREY ALLEN HIRED AS NEW KIRBYVILLE AD/HFC!