1 hour ago, mat said:

AggiesAreWe

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • AggiesAreWe
  • SETXsports Director/Manager
  • team_admin.png
  • 60,578 posts

New hire to be announced tomorrow at 4:30pm. Very, VERY familiar face.

Great hire!

AggiesAreWe

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • AggiesAreWe
  • SETXsports Director/Manager
  • team_admin.png
  • 60,578 posts
  17 hours ago, Yeoj said:

If Peevey does leave, hopefully he takes some of those defense coaches with him.

Maybe change that statement from "if" to "when". ;)

I'm with @Austin1985, you run a spread offense, it's very likely you will have a bad defense.

I’m still missing where someone said... Peevey will be the new LCM head coach...

This is the hidden content, please

One of Southeast Texas’ biggest and most successful high school football programs has lost its head coach to another local team.

Eric Peevey, who took West Brook to new heights during a four-year run as head coach of the Bruins, is leaving the school to become the next coach and athletic director at Little Cypress-Mauriceville. West Brook went 24-15 overall with Peevey at the helm, including a trip to the Class 6A-II state title game in 2018. Before taking over as West Brook coach full time in 2017, Peevey served as defensive coordinator from 2014-16.

Peevey will replace departing LC-M athletic director Randy Crouch, who will retire at the end of the school year.

At West Brook, Peevey was not an athletic director, as Ron Jackson serves that role for all of Beaumont ISD. Jackson commended Peevey’s accomplishments at West Brook in a statement to The Enterprise Thursday.

“The BISD Athletic Department is very excited for Coach Eric Peevey and his family,” Jackson said. “This is a great opportunity and the Athletic Department supports Coach Peevey with a sense of pride knowing that what he accomplished during his time with BISD has been noticed. Coach Peevey is an outstanding young man and exceptional coach. This move will allow him to continue to grow and reach his professional goals.”

Peevey has deep roots in Orange County. He attended Orangefield High School and played for the Bobcats as a two-way lineman. Later on, he joined LC-M’s staff for three years as an assistant under Crouch. Peevey’s wife, Amy, is an LC-M gradaute.

LC-M went 1-7 overall last season, while West Brook went 5-6. The Bruins lost in the area round of the playoffs.

Crouch had an annual salary of $103,483 according to Texas Education Agency records. When Peevey was first hired at West Brook in 2017, he made $86,000.

LC-M has scheduled a press conference for 4:30 p.m. Thursday to announce the hiring.

This story will be updated.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wait wait!! They didn't get clearance from mat.

There goes the big surprise party that mat and LCM ISD was going to throw this afternoon.

As expected, some don't like being called out. I just don't think it's considerate to be broadcasting before the coach has a chance to address his players and coworkers. My opinion is also directed towards Ashley E, the Beaumont Enterprise or any others. However, I know that's just the way things work. 

20 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Not familiar with WB other than their state run. Why would he leave there for LCM? More money? BISD hard to work for?

He  will look better at lcm.He  hasn't made it pass the 2nd rd since the runner up time. No brainer to me.

6 minutes ago, mat said:

As expected, some don't like being called out. I just don't think it's considerate to be broadcasting before the coach has a chance to address his players and coworkers. My opinion is also directed towards Ashley E, the Beaumont Enterprise or any others. However, I know that's just the way things work. 

Can't speak for his players, but his coaching staff already knew. This has been under wraps for sometime now.

Heck, it was a coach on his staff that told me about this weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Can't speak for his players, but his coaching staff already knew. This has been under wraps for sometime now.

When there was rumor last year about Crouch retiring. Peevy was already contacted by LCM administration about taking the job. He has close friends in the Admin. It was a no brainer. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to ERIC PEEVEY NAMED NEW HFC/AD AT LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE
35 minutes ago, Hagar said:

More money, closer to home, less politics.........  well, more money and closer to home anyway.   Any Coach has to deal somewhat with politics.  Congrats Coach Peevey.   I wanted the job, but I’ll bow out gracefully.   😂😂😂

Well I hope he enjoyed the festivities at the state game in 2018.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

To be truthful...this has been in the makes since last season. They decided to give Crouch the opportunity to retire or get the boot after this past season if tall wanna put it out there. I wish all involved the best of luck. I do know the class of 2022-2023 has a gang of talent that way to compete in 4A. 

On 2/4/2021 at 2:09 PM, mat said:

I didn’t post he was getting hired. I said a very familiar face would be hired. Eric and his family had zero issues with how I handled any of it. He actually thanked me because I kept it quiet. I didn’t post he was being hired until after the Enterprise released it. 

So will he be recruiting Orange County? Looks like OF and possibly WOS might lose a few athletes in the coming years. Nothing wrong with it I guess, just the way things are now days. I went to a LCM basketball game where they announced the starters and where they are from, mostly Orange and Orangefield. I'm just jelly cause Vidor ain't getting nobody, we could use a few athletes around here but we are the stepchild of OC.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

So will he be recruiting Orange County? Looks like OF and possibly WOS might lose a few athletes in the coming years. Nothing wrong with it I guess, just the way things are now days. I went to a LCM basketball game where they announced the starters and where they are from, mostly Orange and Orangefield. I'm just jelly cause Vidor ain't getting nobody, we could use a few athletes around here but we are the stepchild of OC.

One observation:  Start winning like WOS and your jelly will be over!       :)

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

One observation:  Start winning like WOS and your jelly will be over!       :)

Exactly, not saying they are going to recruit at LCM but can you be mad a kid who moves schools because he feels like someone is actually going to try and win? Not knocking the coaching around SETX but I hear from people at a lot of different schools that the coaches don't really care that much.  And no Im not referring to coach mathews as one of those.