Racism at it's most definitive.

CardinalBacker

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

You have people that say the N-word all of the time, but feel as if others should be punished for saying it.  It doesn't get any more hypocritical than that.  If it's offensive, then it's offensive.  Don't give me that "term of endearment" BS because every video of a black on black fight has that slur sprinkled throughout it-and their actions don't seem very endearing.  If black people were bothered by that word, they'd stop saying it.  Period.  I refuse to pretend that the emperor has clothes.

Preach. 

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I agree with you that things were HORRIBLE 155 years ago.  They didn't get a lot better after the Civil War, either.  You had decent progress after '64, or so I've read.  I know for a fact that things have gotten a lot better in the short 40 years that I can recall.  I'd dare say that black people have more opportunities and benefits afforded to them than any other race here in America right now.   If they do not choose to take advantage of those opportunities because they'd rather talk about the "old days," I really don't know how to respond... They'll NEVER advance as a group because of the victimhood mentality perpetrated by the left.  

Does systemic racism exist... possibly....  Maybe even probably.  And it accounts for about 2% of the problems faced by the black community today.  Focusing solely on "racism" and "oppression" won't solve a thing for the community, because the problems that AREN'T rooted in racism are still gonna be there.

You mentioned Silsbee.... so I'll ask this.  With all of your talk about "how blacks couldn't own property for 300 years," why are the historically black communities in Silsbee (and any other older city I can think of) littered with abandoned homes?  Drive through Silsbee, West of 96, South of MLK and north of 327.  It's some decent houses, a lot of falling down houses, and tons of old homeplaces.  You can see the same thing on the other side of town, too.  If racism prevented blacks from owning property as you suggest, then how did all of those black-owned properties end up abandoned?  It's EVERYWHERE, and racism didn't cause them to fail to maintain their residences, pay their taxes, or bother to have properly executed wills probated. 

There are tons of problems faced by that community... but racism is the lazy answer.