Lumberton 80 Silsbee 70/FINAL

WOSgrad

Not to rain on their parade too much because this has been a great season for Ltown to this point but I'm assuming they go back to middle of the pack and fighting for a playoff spot next season. Losing that caliber of a player they'll just be the good old lovable, friendly Raiders again. Everything will return to normal and Silsbee will dominate the district for the next 4 years. Of course Lumberton wont have to worry about them anymore, with the L-Train going to 5a soon. It looked like they were going to be moved up this season but luckily they weren't and now you have a district title to claim as your own. I wonder how they would have done in 5a this year, shoot PA might not even make the playoffs. Soon we will see how good of a coach they really have there but hey enjoy it while you got it, he's a hell of a player and fun to watch. We've been going against Brock since he was a little boy, you could always tell there was something different about the tall lanky kid from Lumberton, even in 7th grade he could hit those long bomb 3 point shots with ease. Glad he made it to the next level and gets to play at a local D1 school where we get to keep up with his progression. Congrats on the outright DC and best of luck in the playoffs friends, I know some Pirates that will be there watching and pulling for the Raiders.

13 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Not to rain on their parade too much because this has been a great season for Ltown to this point but I'm assuming they go back to middle of the pack and fighting for a playoff spot next season. Losing that caliber of a player they'll just be the good old lovable, friendly Raiders again. Everything will return to normal and Silsbee will dominate the district for the next 4 years. Of course Lumberton wont have to worry about them anymore, with the L-Train going to 5a soon. It looked like they were going to be moved up this season but luckily they weren't and now you have a district title to claim as your own. I wonder how they would have done in 5a this year, shoot PA might not even make the playoffs. Soon we will see how good of a coach they really have there but hey enjoy it while you got it, he's a hell of a player and fun to watch. We've been going against Brock since he was a little boy, you could always tell there was something different about the tall lanky kid from Lumberton, even in 7th grade he could hit those long bomb 3 point shots with ease. Glad he made it to the next level and gets to play at a local D1 school we get to keep up with his progression. Congrats on the outright DC and best of luck in the playoffs friends, I know we will be there watching and pulling for the Raiders.

Lumberton returns 8 players, they will have 3 starters back, they will be fine, Coach Mitchell will find ways to make sure this group has a chance to get in next year, they will be big and physical.

2 hours ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Lumberton returns 8 players, they will have 3 starters back, they will be fine, Coach Mitchell will find ways to make sure this group has a chance to get in next year, they will be big and physical.

Yep, Lumberton will be picked to be the best of the rest (I.e., not Silsbee) again next season.  WOS and Coach Wilson may have something to say about that though.  Free for all for fourth again. 

On 2/6/2021 at 2:12 PM, mrtomcat said:

That means nothing.  Go look at any boys basketball program in the last 50 years (as long as I have been around) in SouthEast Texas.  If the team has a D1 basketball player returning, that team will finish 1st or 2nd in their district HANDS DOWN 10000000% of the time.  There is not an argument that opposes this fact.  

Shelbyville had a kid who average near 50 points per game and set the state scoring record one year. They only won 3 games.  Not sure if he was a D1 player or not.

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I mean, it’s been a year a first for Lumberton basketball.  Let’s add a 10 page thread to the list!

I dig it. I was told well before the season Lumberton was gonna win district by a certain crazy girl.