Silsbee 76 Lumberton 66/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Silsbee 76 Lumberton 66/FINAL
9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Refs get mvp for the Tigers. 

You can't just congratulate the YOUNG silsbee tigers for a good win. They jumped out 25-7 in the first quarter and never looked back.  The refs definitely did not decide the game. Glad they will play again because it won't even be close!

9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Very physical game by both teams.  Nobody likes the refs, but honestly refs dont shoot free throws, play defense in transition, make lay ups or rebound. And thats what beat Lumberton in this game.  Silsbee jumped out to a big lead and Lumberton playing catch up had to deviate from their original game plan, but didnt rebound or shoot the ball well and missed probably 15+ ft's.  Silsbee rebounded and scored in transition well and knocked ft's down.  Good game by Silsbee. But looking ahead to the playoff picture tho this game could be HUGE!  If you are a Lumberton fan maybe this loss wasnt so bad after all hmm...........

2 hours ago, EliteTiger said:

You can't just congratulate the YOUNG silsbee tigers for a good win. They jumped out 25-7 in the first quarter and never looked back.  The refs definitely did not decide the game. Glad they will play again because it won't even be close!

Yep. Those girls from Silsbee did an awesome job. Especially at the free throw line. No doubt they played a great game. I don’t think I said the refs decided the game. They did help out a helluva lot though. How many points did Silsbee score in free throws anyway?

13 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yep. Those girls from Silsbee did an awesome job. Especially at the free throw line. No doubt they played a great game. I don’t think I said the refs decided the game. They did help out a helluva lot though. How many points did Silsbee score in free throws anyway?

No you said the refs were Silsbee's MVP which implies that it wasn't the play of the girls but the calls by the refs.  the game is online and Lumberton did alot of fouling which turned into alot of free throws!! Lumberton shot plenty of free throws, but only Lumberton went to the line legitimately..right?? The refs did not HELP out a helluva lot. Lumberton didn't play well and the seniors couldn't contain the Silsbee Freshman. Lumberton's press was lazy with alot of reaching and Silsbee passed or dribbled right out of it.  The lead early on was off of beating the press resulting  wide open shots or having numbers.  Just accept the L and give the Silsbee girls their credit.  Crying about the refs is weak! Period!

2 hours ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

Very physical game by both teams.  Nobody likes the refs, but honestly refs dont shoot free throws, play defense in transition, make lay ups or rebound. And thats what beat Lumberton in this game.  Silsbee jumped out to a big lead and Lumberton playing catch up had to deviate from their original game plan, but didnt rebound or shoot the ball well and missed probably 15+ ft's.  Silsbee rebounded and scored in transition well and knocked ft's down.  Good game by Silsbee. But looking ahead to the playoff picture tho this game could be HUGE!  If you are a Lumberton fan maybe this loss wasnt so bad after all hmm...........

THANK YOU!!! Let's not fail to mention that the top two scorers for Silsbee are freshman. One senior in double digits and a sophomore was the other.  Lumberton got out played just like silsbee got out played the first time they met.  Miss me with that referee crap! Pardon my passion, the top scorer is my daughter #23 Monica Bottley who is the top scorer for the whole district. You will hear more from her I promise!

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just watched this game online. The refs weren't the greatest but they were hardly the MVP. They were no more the MVP of this game than they were of the boys game last night for Lumberton. ;)

Exactly, people need to learn how to lose and give kids credit where it is due. Lumberton whipped silsbee the first time and silsbee brought it to them this time. Simple!

12 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

40 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

2 hours ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just watched this game online. The refs weren't the greatest but they were hardly the MVP. They were no more the MVP of this game than they were of the boys game last night for Lumberton. ;)

51 minutes ago, EliteTiger said:

THANK YOU!!! Let's not fail to mention that the top two scorers for Silsbee are freshman. One senior in double digits and a sophomore was the other.  Lumberton got out played just like silsbee got out played the first time they met.  Miss me with that referee crap! Pardon my passion, the top scorer is my daughter #23 Monica Bottley who is the top scorer for the whole district. You will hear more from her I promise!

She made a lot of free throws! She’s very good. 

54 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I watched it in person court side with 2 ex-college basketball players, an ex-ref, and an ex-Silsbee coach. I can PM them your names. You know them very well. All said the same thing I did. That being said, Silsbee was still better than Lumberton last night. Doesn’t change the impact the refs had. 

24 minutes ago, EliteTiger said:

i dont care if you watched the game with Michael Jordan..it doesn't change the fact that you can't just take a loss and congratulate KIDS on a good win. From the way your fans were performing and cursing at my daughter, it's not surprising! BYE!!!!! 

Shouldn’t let the crowd or the fans upset you. The players, coaches and the refs is all you need to worry about. We got out coached, out played AND outreffed! 2 out of 3 was on us. I congratulated your girls on the win right there at the game. Never said anything more about it to the kids. They played their butts off.