Lumberton at Silsbee

Tuesday will be the last chance for Lumberton to get a win over Silsbee for probably a very long time. Not unless they've got a bunch of freak athletes they're secretly keeping hidden from everyone right now.

McClure needs to assert himself from the get go and the  Raiders need to jump out to an early lead against the Tigers. If they can do that and control the tempo of the game, then they'll have a shot.

If Silsbee jumps on them early and they get frustrated, it could be a long night for them.

The one thing that was very obvious in the first meeting was the difference in the guard play. Silsbee looked to me to be able to really control the game with pressure. I didn’t see anyone that was able to handle the press. If Lumberton can take care of the basketball it will be respectable if they turn it over like they did in the first game it will get ugly. 

13 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Looks like Tuesday at Silsbee is going to be a huge game! Lumberton ahead by a game going into Tuesday! Not sure if Silsbee did but Lumberton clinched a playoff spot last night for the 3rd straight year so I know the boys will give it their all once again 

Silsbee by 20

It is a rare thing for a team of Lumberton's history to go to a place with a storied history like Silsbee and then beat them on their court.   I would say this is true of just about any high school sport, boys or girls.

So if Lumberton goes to Silsbee and beats them that would be a huge win for their program.  Even though Silsbee may not be the caliber of team that we have been witnessing for the last several years, it will still be very difficult for Lumberton to win this one.

I think what surprises me the most in this thread is AAW only picked Silsbee to win by 5.   That in itself is a big compliment to the Raiders this year. 

Whoever said that the Raiders were being disrespected in this thread is not being realistic.  

I would love to see Lumberton win it, just because I like to see an underdog come out on top.  And also because I had the privilege of seeing Coach Mitchell begin his career at Hardin and would like to see his hard work rewarded.

Good luck in that quest. 

23 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee live video streams all their home games on Youtube. It's the reason why I don't broadcast any of their home games.

No commentary or play by (which some folks probably prefer).

And just to clarify. It's not just Silsbee that I choose not to broadcast their home games. Any school that's doing a live video stream of their home games I choose not to broadcast those games. I would rather folks support those schools efforts in bringing the game to them during these times.

I would rather broadcast the games that are not being broadcast in any capacity.

Now when playoffs start, that's a different story.