Covid Shots

Hagar

I find this process fascinating.   I feel like a cat chasing his tail.  I finally got my wife and I on a list in Beaumont.   Based on our number, it’ll be a few months.  But back to the tail chasing - I tried a given number for Jasper County (where we live in Evadale) about two weeks ago.   Finally got a lady to answer.  She said to call next week.  Tried several times, but got cut off by ‘phone overload’.   A few minutes ago,  I hear on Ch 6 News that folks were lining up at the Jasper County Courthouse for shots.   Some from Austin & Louisiana.   Hmmmm............   It’s not like I’m in panic mode to get a shot, but  it sure sounds like some folks are.   Durn if I’d drive to Austin to get a shot, and heaven knows Austin’s been getting their share.   

Btw, you can sign up for shots online.   I found it on Ch 12.   It’s a lot easier than calling, but may not be as fast if you’re one of the lucky ones to get through.

19 hours ago, Hagar said:

I find this process fascinating.   I feel like a cat chasing his tail.  I finally got my wife and I on a list in Beaumont.   Based on our number, it’ll be a few months.  But back to the tail chasing - I tried a given number for Jasper County (where we live in Evadale) about two weeks ago.   Finally got a lady to answer.  She said to call next week.  Tried several times, but got cut off by ‘phone overload’.   A few minutes ago,  I hear on Ch 6 News that folks were lining up at the Jasper County Courthouse for shots.   Some from Austin & Louisiana.   Hmmmm............   It’s not like I’m in panic mode to get a shot, but  it sure sounds like some folks are.   Durn if I’d drive to Austin to get a shot, and heaven knows Austin’s been getting their share.   

Btw, you can sign up for shots online.   I found it on Ch 12.   It’s a lot easier than calling, but may not be as fast if you’re one of the lucky ones to get through.

This is not unlike the stock market question and frenzy gun buying. This is the exact same thing but with a different product. If the vaccine was a stock, it would be going through the roof right now. I swear if you could buy a ticket for a dollar to get in line for the vaccine, you could probably sell it to someone for $10 and he could turn around and sell it for $100. That is a 10,000% profit… Which kind of answers your GME Question in the other thread.

However… At least in this case you get a product that might be worth $100 to you even though another guy got it at $1. It is like scalping tickets. How much is it worth to you? 

Just watched Full Measure.   A HOR member, who’s a scientist himself, found an error in CDC Guidelines for Covid saying “those who’ve had. Covid will still benefit from vaccine”.  He checked Pfizer & Maderna papers & both said there’s no benefit.   Thus folks are getting shots that don’t need it, at least now, depriving those that do need it.   He talked to 3 Drs there over a month - yes, mistake.  But not changed.  Finally talked to Asst Dir. yes mistake.  CDC finally changed it by rewording it, but it’s still wrong.   Moral of this post - Follow the Science “If it’s right”. I wonder if that same “science” is used in Climate Change data?   My guess, yes.  

Yep, I keep hearing, We called Jasper & got shots a few days later.  I called Jasper Monday.  They took my name and phone #, & promised to call me back.  Not yet.  Then I heard, We got shots at CVS.   Called them, out.  Lol, I’m still chasing.

FYI, can’t imagine a better run vaccine center than they had in Jasper.  Our appt time was 11:00.  Walked in at 10:30.  Got forms to fill out.   Almost immediately after we finished forms, were called in for shot.  Got shots at 10:50.   Stayed the normal 15 minutes afterward, and walked out at 11:05.  Kudos to the folks who set this up and are running it.

I was expecting waiting and delays, in a line, sitting, etc, but what a pleasant surprise.   And prior to leaving we were given our appt & time which were exactly one month later, 2/10.