Lumberton 57 Vidor 44/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Personally, I really don't have an issue with the dunk at the end of the game. But it's kind of an unwritten rule of the game that if you are dribbling out the clock with a double digit lead and the opposing team is allowing you to do so, then you don't take a shot at the last second.

Not saying this was the case here because I was not there.

A little sportsmanship doesn't hurt anyone.

Yes and I understand that as well. But to say that it's horrible sportsmanship is a reach. Frowned upon, yes. 

53 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just saw video of the so called dunk at the end. Vidor was actually applying full court pressure on the inbounds and Lumberton threw over the top of it for break away.

Nothing to really get upset about. And it was more of a lay up than a dunk.

Yeah, it wasn’t flagrant disregard for sportsmanship, that’s for sure. Underwear15 just needs a hug from his mama. 

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Personally, I really don't have an issue with the dunk at the end of the game. But it's kind of an unwritten rule of the game that if you are dribbling out the clock with a double digit lead and the opposing team is allowing you to do so, then you don't take a shot at the last second.

Not saying this was the case here because I was not there.

A little sportsmanship doesn't hurt anyone.

Yeah if you pressing, you are inviting a layup or dunk.  Conversely, I’m with you on the unwritten rule.  Another unwritten rule is that if you break the first unwritten rule, don’t be surprised when you receive a hard foul in the process.  Yet another reason to abide by the first unwritten rule.  

But again, if a team is still pressing, obviously the competition is still on and so is scoring. 

Just FYI, from Vidor perspective, nothing happened at the end of this game to be disrespectful or anything like that.  We played til the buzzer and pressed til the end to try to stay alive in the game.  Someone messed up a responsibility and he got a breakaway dunk/layup.  I couldn't care less if he scored it or dribbled it back up top and ran the clock out.  Part of the game.

8 hours ago, VP05 said:

Just FYI, from Vidor perspective, nothing happened at the end of this game to be disrespectful or anything like that.  We played til the buzzer and pressed til the end to try to stay alive in the game.  Someone messed up a responsibility and he got a breakaway dunk/layup.  I couldn't care less if he scored it or dribbled it back up top and ran the clock out.  Part of the game.

+1