Lumberton 57 Vidor 44/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Lumberton 57 Vidor 44/FINAL
21 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Was Lumberton missing any players tonight against a Vidor Team with only 1 district win, scoring only 57 points. I can't wait until the playoffs begin. 

15 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Vidor also got hit hard by Covid.   They are closer to the other teams in the district than their record indicates. 

This is true, the first time we played them they killed us but we were missing our team. See what Silsbee has gone through lately losing to LCM and Vidor. It happens in this district because they don’t reschedule games, they force you to play with what you have or forfeit. It hurt our team bad being shut down right at the start of district, the Pirates are just now starting to round into shape and are playing teams hard the second time through.

2 minutes ago, underdog15 said:

It’s called being a good sport you don’t shoot when game is out of reach or maybe Lumberton isn’t just use to winning wish there were still 5A so could play a real team like United 

I don’t know what games you have been watching, but I have seen numerous  teams score, dunk and so on with it a lot more then 10 points. if you can’t handle it don’t play it goes both ways.

8 hours ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Lumberton has been pretty solid the last 3 years 

Don't feed the troll... I'm sure he knows Lumberton has been solid the last 3 years or so. This guy is just looking for a reason to bash a kid or a program that's been on the rise. Probably because McClure torched little Johnny at some point earlier this year for 40+. 

Personally, I really don't have an issue with the dunk at the end of the game. But it's kind of an unwritten rule of the game that if you are dribbling out the clock with a double digit lead and the opposing team is allowing you to do so, then you don't take a shot at the last second.

Not saying this was the case here because I was not there.

A little sportsmanship doesn't hurt anyone.