Same teams over and over

Guest mrtomcat

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

When would the swap happen? You mean before the game? Before the season? 5 years ago? 

Wouldn’t matter when you switched them. That’s why I brought up the Denton Ryan vs Cedar Park example. You could’ve switched coaches at any of the times you mentioned above and DR still would’ve crushed CP. Same story with Highland Park who Ryan crushed earlier in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Wouldn’t matter when you switched them. That’s why I brought up the Denton Ryan vs Cedar Park example. You could’ve switched coaches at any of the times you mentioned above and DR still would’ve crushed CP. Same story with Highland Park who Ryan crushed earlier in the playoffs. 

I thought you were specifically talking about Aledo and Crosby.  

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

1-4, 6 are the responsibility of the elite coach. 

I could not disagree with you more.  If you dont have those things in place, you will never attract an elite coach.

6 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

I could not disagree with you more.  If you dont have those things in place, you will never attract an elite coach.

Gordon Wood, Art Briles, Scott Surratt, GA Moore and Doug Ethridge were not elite coaches when they first became head coaches.  They earned the elite title by building their programs to championship status.  Some can and some can't.  One has to ask oneself:  Why is it that a coach can go through his whole career and never even play in a State Championship?  Luck? 

21 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

But, if you don't have the community to support the coach, then what good is an elite coach?   If you dont have kids invested, what good does an elite coach do?  If you dont have the jimmy and joe's, what good does an elite coach do?  The coaching is about 8th on my list.  I'm not saying my list is right, but there's a lot of things that have to line up, before the coach can do anything to and with a progarm.

20 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Not in any order.

1.  parents who give a dam

2. kids who give a dam

3. kids that can compete at a high level, multiple sport (athletes)

4. culture - the expectation to win whether it be driven from the parents and ISD and or both

5. SUPT - who will stay out of the way and hire great teachers, staff and admin around him 

6. facility must be above avg - growing, improving and somebody who can drive weight lifting / speed training 

7.  affordable housing / apartment  / multiple 7-11's / community must be wet ------and major interstate within 5-10 miles of ISD

18 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

So, you are of the opinion that Bill Belichick can win it all in Warren, in less than 5-6 years?  Come on, lets hear it

I never said anything about an NFL coach. Are you just argumentative or just slow...cuz it’s one of the two. I said you were silly thinking that a coach was no. 8 on the list.  

45 minutes ago, Reagan said:

OK, I'll play:  What in his past coaching history would make you think he couldn't?

Its not about Bill's past.  It's about Warren's past.  You may be missing the big picture.

On 1/26/2021 at 12:44 PM, mrtomcat said:

Not in any order.

1.  parents who give a dam

2. kids who give a dam

3. kids that can compete at a high level, multiple sport (athletes)

4. culture - the expectation to win whether it be driven from the parents and ISD and or both

5. SUPT - who will stay out of the way and hire great teachers, staff and admin around him 

6. facility must be above avg - growing, improving and somebody who can drive weight lifting / speed training 

7.  affordable housing / apartment  / multiple 7-11's / community must be wet ------and major interstate within 5-10 miles of ISD

Let's explore what you think are the reasons.  And I'll use a recent example:

Carthage just won their 8th State Championship.  From the start in 1924 to 2008 -- 84 YEARS, Carthage had NEVER won a State Title.  It went through 20 different head coaches.  Now, take a look at everything you have stated above and tell me/us that in the 84 years prior to Surratt's first Title none of the above ever existed.  And that the previous 20 coaches were so darn unlucky that everything you state unfortunately for them only happened when Surratt showed up.  And, BTW, I have many more examples.  I gave to 2 in a previous post which you didn't read, didn't understand or didn't believe.  Also, BTW, I'm enjoying this discussion!

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

It’s been 1 season, btw. Also, there are other coaches than Belichek to compare. You ever heard of Trent Dilfer? Worst QB one could imagine and he has a SuperBowl win. 

No, Baltimore defense got a Super Bowl win, Dilfer just got a ring cause he was on the team. 😁

The morale of the story is, the shoe has to fit.  If its the same teams over and over and over again, there's a reason WHY those 698 teams in Texas that cant win and wont ever win....and it has very little to do with who has coached and who will coach there in the future.

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

The morale of the story is, the shoe has to fit.  If its the same teams over and over and over again, there's a reason WHY those 698 teams in Texas that cant win and wont ever win....and it has very little to do with who has coached and who will coach there in the future.

Wrong again. It’s a culmination of things of which the right coach is an integral part of the equation. “You may be missing the big picture”. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Wrong again. It’s a culmination of things of which the right coach is an integral part of the equation. “You may be missing the big picture”. 

this guy has a hard on for me.    I'm wrong again.  I should have taken your class on "how to build a program" when i graduated from Warren in 74.

10 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

this guy has a hard on for me.    I'm wrong again.  I should have taken your class on "how to build a program" when i graduated from Warren in 74.

Well hell, why didn’t you say you were from Warren. I would’ve considered the source and left it alone. Lol. Look, you started this topic AND asked for opinions. If you were just looking for someone to agree with YOUR opinion, you should have just said so. 
Btw, it’s never too late. My new class starts this Spring. I’ll make room for you. 

9 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Well hell, why didn’t you say you were from Warren. I would’ve considered the source and left it alone. Lol. Look, you started this topic AND asked for opinions. If you were just looking for someone to agree with YOUR opinion, you should have just said so. 
Btw, it’s never too late. My new class starts this Spring. I’ll make room for you. 

thank you brethren.  i'm in as long as you arent liberal