PN-G 2021

prepballfan

Looks like the Indians will have 9 starters back on defense and 6 back on offense. Interested to see how the QB of the future. He has looked great all the way through. Crippen will have a very experienced line with 4 starters back from last season. Faircloth will have a lot of experience back next season. PNGs QB has garnered some attention for his on the field play. Possibly another great Faircloth QB

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Looks like the Indians will have 9 starters back on defense and 6 back on offense. Interested to see how the QB of the future. He has looked great all the way through. Crippen will have a very experienced line with 4 starters back from last season. Faircloth will have a lot of experience back next season. PNGs QB has garnered some attention for his on the field play. Possibly another great Faircloth QB

Nederland will be a battle as usual. How are Crosby and Barbers hill going to be? Chance at a district championship?

Defense has to improve. We probably played the best defense in the state the night we played Fort Bend Marshall (and easily our best defense of the last 15 years against anyone) but the rest of the season was among the worst defense of our last 15 years. We've played plenty of bad defense, but this season was something else. 

3 hours ago, PdaddyBball said:

Nederland will be a battle as usual. How are Crosby and Barbers hill going to be? Chance at a district championship?

I don’t think big Ned will be a problem. These sophomores who will be juniors next year will be filling all the gaps. They have been beating the nederlanders since 7th grade. As freshman it was very ugly defeat. 

3 hours ago, chief1987 said:

I don’t think big Ned will be a problem. These sophomores who will be juniors next year will be filling all the gaps. They have been beating the nederlanders since 7th grade. As freshman it was very ugly defeat. 

It's different under them Friday Night Lights. Might be tougher than many think. 

16 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Defense has to improve. We probably played the best defense in the state the night we played Fort Bend Marshall (and easily our best defense of the last 15 years against anyone) but the rest of the season was among the worst defense of our last 15 years. We've played plenty of bad defense, but this season was something else. 

Fairclothe will not play kids both ways and most of his best athletes will be on offense unless it’s a desperate measure to save a game. Remember when his first year here he had Kroeker as his DC. Had a jam up defense and had a great season. The next year a lot of kids off that defense graduated and they were left with like 2 returning starters. Kroeker started trying to replace kids and was told offense takes precedence and Kroeker would have to make up his defense with what was left. Ended up not as good of a defense and Kroeker said if that’s the way it’s going to be then bye. It wasn’t because Kroeker and his wife needed to be closer to family.

Play the best 11 kids on offense, defense, and special teams.  Going both ways will not hurt the kids or their performance.  They are 15-18 year old kids, in good shape, and resilient.  They will not drop dead from fatigue due to a HS football game.  Play the best kids in all three phases of the game.  If parents complain, tell them and their kids to get better in practice and earn their spot on Friday night.  I will never understand the mantra, I will not play kids both ways.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I agree with you 100% but it’s not going to happen. I watched just about every state game of 5A and 6A. Every school had a least 1 kid playing both ways. One team, can’t remember which one, had a kid that played receiver and corner. He had two TD’s receiving and two picks on D. If those teams can do it and play more games and play for State there is no excuse why PNG can’t except that Fairclothe won’t let it happen because more parents would b__ch about their kids not playing. This is one of the reasons why. Not playing kids both ways means there is 22 spots open for 22 kids. Welcome to PNG where little Johnny doesn’t even know how to put his pads on right but deserves playing time because mommy demands it or she will go to the superintendent.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:14 PM, Coach85 said:

I agree with you 100% but it’s not going to happen. I watched just about every state game of 5A and 6A. Every school had a least 1 kid playing both ways. One team, can’t remember which one, had a kid that played receiver and corner. He had two TD’s receiving and two picks on D. If those teams can do it and play more games and play for State there is no excuse why PNG can’t except that Fairclothe won’t let it happen because more parents would b__ch about their kids not playing. This is one of the reasons why. Not playing kids both ways means there is 22 spots open for 22 kids. Welcome to PNG where little Johnny doesn’t even know how to put his pads on right but deserves playing time because mommy demands it or she will go to the superintendent.

Welcome to PNG where little Johnny doesn’t even know how to put his pads on right but deserves playing time because mommy demands it or she will go to the superintendent.

That has literally never happened. 

2 hours ago, Coach85 said:

I’ve known numerous parents that will do almost anything for the coaches just so their kids will play. Not all coaches partake but it happens. Hence my screen name.

Oh I've been told some stories from coaches about the very thing you brought up. 😁 

On 1/26/2021 at 4:32 PM, Coach85 said:

I’ve known numerous parents that will do almost anything for the coaches just so their kids will play. Not all coaches partake but it happens. Hence my screen name.

That could be true but I can assure you Faircloth is not playing a kid that cant put his pads on without help to satisfy some board member or influential parent. If you have proof spill it. Don't hide behind your screenname

aki1994...you seem close to the program...what do you think of the 2021 team?  Will the soph or frosh QB fight for the starting spot?  I hear that both can sling the ball around.  Do we have some talent at the RB and WR spots?  And, the $1M dollar question, how will the defense stack up next season.  I keep hearing that the frosh and soph groups have some talent on both sides of the ball.  Can you confirm?  Out of town alumni say thanks for the update.

Go Indians.  Peace.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:14 PM, Coach85 said:

22 spots for 60 something kids! C’mon, plenty of kids sitting the bench! 

5 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

aki1994...you seem close to the program...what do you think of the 2021 team?  Will the soph or frosh QB fight for the starting spot?  I hear that both can sling the ball around.  Do we have some talent at the RB and WR spots?  And, the $1M dollar question, how will the defense stack up next season.  I keep hearing that the frosh and soph groups have some talent on both sides of the ball.  Can you confirm?  Out of town alumni say thanks for the update.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Both QB’s have strong Arm’s, the Soph is a stronger looking kid, the freshman is like 6’4” and still growing, very athletic, but needs to fill out and put some muscle on.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:01 PM, aki1994 said:

That could be true but I can assure you Faircloth is not playing a kid that cant put his pads on without help to satisfy some board member or influential parent. If you have proof spill it. Don't hide behind your screenname

You should just retract this post! The whole community knows there is some bullshit going on! Cmon man......or woman!

On 1/26/2021 at 9:32 PM, chief1987 said:

Maybe so. I still think the ndns put the spanking on the dogs for a couple of years. This year sophomore group has all the right pieces on both sides of the ball. 

I’m pretty sure the junior and senior class of this last season have been very successful in younger days, middle school and lower levels in high school! I’d say way more talent and ability then younger class and look how it turned out for them! Your kidding yourself if you think under the lights it’s going to be even remotely the same! Good luck tho dad!

On 1/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, prepballfan said:

3 starters on O-line. Rumor is looking for a new center! What’s the deal? That’s 3rd good size aggressive lineman walking off! The other two from the junior class were scouted as freshman!