The Coaches Lounge Podcast

2wedge

I stumbled across the first episode of a new podcast hosted by Tomball High coach Kevin Flannigan and it is absolute gold. If you are a TXHSFB fan, or a former player who has fond memories of listening to your old coaches stories on long summer afternoons hanging out in the field house, you will love this podcast. I listened this morning and laughed so hard my stomach hurt. It also dug up some old memories of free time spent with my coaches from high school. I found it on the Apple Podcast app. The first episode was released yesterday and it features interviews with Dick Olin and Chris Massey. I suggest you download and listen if you are into that type of thing. 

I'll check that out tonight. I was a manager/trainer in Jasper back in the day and spent probably more time than any student should in a coaches' office from the 6th grade all the way up to when I left before my senior year. Walkoviak's staff was pretty static and most of his staff had been in place for well over a decade at that time. A good sense of humor goes a long way towards building that kind of continuity and the ten or so guys that were that core group were comedy gold. It made being part of that athletic department a lot of fun for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

True. But I'm not. 

That’s apparent. I just thought it would give your post more exposure. Folks are looking on this topic to read about the Coaches Lounge Podcast. It’s had 4 replies in 3 months. Your Aledo post will probably be seen by very few. Unless you think a topic of its own will receive even fewer replies, in which case, please carry on with the hijack.