How does Crosby reload?

Cougtalk

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

McCoy Casey has to be getting some offers you'd think. 

I think some of his issue is that he’s an extremely good high school player but it’s hard to really project a position for him at the next level? He’s a little too small to be a true 4-3 DT and doesn’t really fit any of the D-line positions in a 3-4. Not sure from the standpoint of pure athleticism if he can effectively play OLB in a 3-4 either? If he doesn’t get FBS offers he’ll be a steal for an FCS program for sure. I think you saw a little bit of this with Michael Ray this year from the safety/OLB positions. 

On 3/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

I think some of his issue is that he’s an extremely good high school player but it’s hard to really project a position for him at the next level? He’s a little too small to be a true 4-3 DT and doesn’t really fit any of the D-line positions in a 3-4. Not sure from the standpoint of pure athleticism if he can effectively play OLB in a 3-4 either? If he doesn’t get FBS offers he’ll be a steal for an FCS program for sure. I think you saw a little bit of this with Michael Ray this year from the safety/OLB positions. 

He also has another year to get bigger. Maybe a bit more weight and they might see him as a DLinemen in a 4-3

On 3/4/2021 at 8:55 AM, The Icon said:

Any wayward student-athletes finding their way to Crosby these days?

Looks like we’ve had a couple of decent looking transfers come in from what I can tell at the track meets this past week. They’re youngsters though so no telling what they’ll end up contributing. What I will say is that coach Prieto us some very good looking athletes to work with the next 2/3 years. Still waiting to see what shows up this summer though.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Horton said:

Can’t wait for the Crosby and Carthage game. Should be a great game to watch. The Dawgs will be loaded again. 

I think it’s a good time for Crosby and Carthage to catch each other. Both teams just lost some important kids that played a bunch of football for their respective teams, especially in the offensive side of the football.

It’s not a large sample as the current staff has only been here a couple years but Crosby has started slow both of those. I fully expect Carthage to take advantage of that. May be a two class difference but I would think y’all are the betting favorite entering the season. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2021 at 6:47 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby wins the UIL 5A 4x100 state championship. Not near as fast PAM’s state title but pretty good indication of the athletes Crosby had on the football field since all 4 relay members were starters in the football team. 

So impressive. Saw them a handful of times throughout the season and they got better each time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Supposedly, part of this reloading will consist of bringing in the DC from Bryan Rudder to replace Coach Tarr who took the La Porte job and also bringing in the DC from Channelview as co-DC. Definitely not two places you think of when you talk about defense but I won't be questioning any coaching decisions in the near future. Heck, maybe one of them teaches or DBs how to backpedal?