12-5A-II All-District Team

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

Wow, who comes up with these ?  Reggie Branch led his team to the state finals and the only accolade he gets is 2nd team all-district QB.  Didn’t even consider him for what he did as a RB, not even 2nd team. Terrible.  

I agree 100%. Branch was the best overall ball carrier i seen on the field this year. Came up with clutch plays in every playoff game to get his team to the state title game.

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yes. All district teams are voted on before playoffs. Playoff stats and results do not matter.

I understand that, too.  But then how do you put Dunn at Offensive MVP when he only played RB during district, and didn’t make 1st or 2nd team at that position ?  Like I said, they pretty much made sure everybody got a trophy. 

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

I understand that, too.  But then how do you put Dunn at Offensive MVP when he only played RB during district, and didn’t make 1st or 2nd team at that position ?  Like I said, they pretty much made sure everybody got a trophy. 

Traditionally the MVP's don't take up an all district 1st or 2nd team spot. Also, defensively they have basically the entire Cougar defense on district 1st team or MVP 

Crosby's starting defense has literally 1 starter not on 1st or 2nd team or MVP. 

I guess it just shows how wrong coaches opinions were going into the playoffs. Fuselier is a really good player but he's not Branch or Dunn. That final district loss apparently swayed coaches who likely didn't even watch the film because they had no incentive to. 

Branch second team QB is just silly. 

2 hours ago, CCRed said:

I assume you don't understand how all district works and that is ok. If you are named an MVP in a category that supersedes any first or second team placement in all district. So in fact Dunn being offensive MVP puts him above all other offensive players. Would you just prefer it be called the all Crosby team so you don't have something to rant about? 

20 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

I assume you don't understand how all district works and that is ok. If you are named an MVP in a category that supersedes any first or second team placement in all district. So in fact Dunn being offensive MVP puts him above all other offensive players. Would you just prefer it be called the all Crosby team so you don't have something to rant about? 

Has nothing to do with “Crosby team”. I would look at it like this:  If I was fielding a “first-team” from 12-5a, Reggie Branch would be starting on it. Again I understand how they do it but also think that is ridiculous. For example, if a player played OL and DL and was hands down the best in the district at both positions, he can only get awarded for one. Back to my point that “everybody gets a trophy”.  Just saying. 

33 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

It’s also not a rant. Just pointing out the silliness of how the district does this. For example, how many of those kids on that list will get a D1 scholarship. Branch is committed to one and didn’t even make 1st team high school district. Now how much sense does that make ?

23 hours ago, CCRed said:

It’s also not a rant. Just pointing out the silliness of how the district does this. For example, how many of those kids on that list will get a D1 scholarship. Branch is committed to one and didn’t even make 1st team high school district. Now how much sense does that make ?

I see kids all the time across the state that end up at a major D-1 school that don't make all team first district. If you put Bost on Crosby with the athletes they have he likely throws for 4,000 yards. You want to talk D-1. Look at what some of these kids did with not even a JUCO level talent around them. 

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

I see kids all the time across the state that end up at a major D-1 school that don't make all team first district. If you put Bost on Crosby with the athletes they have he likely throws for 4,000 yards. You want to talk D-1. Look at what some of these kids did with not even a JUCO level talent around them. 

D1 does not care where you play or if you made all district. They look at measurables- size, growth potential, family background (any of your family members play D1), etc... These are things they can't coach.

9 hours ago, aki1994 said:

On 1/20/2021 at 9:17 AM, CCRed said:

Bost is first team all district. That was a no brainer selection. Congrats on a great season. Now move on. 😂 Go Dogs.