CROSBY 21 ALEDO 55/FINAL

WOSgrad

13 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Lol.  My only question was why the thread was still going.   Not an attack on Crosby.   But let me know when you actually win something, not get to the game and get donkey stomped again.  I enjoyed watching Ned beat Crosby again to knock them out of first place, even though it helped y'all out with  squeaking by several of the teams on the way.

Well, let me know when you at least win the region instead of getting there and getting donkey stomped again? Just stay tuned though. The UIL is about to let us stay in D2 with nearly 2,000 kids next alignment, they'll be the most talented teams you've seen on the field at Crosby. Go ahead and get your subscription to Fox Sports Southwest if you don't already. That's the channel they show the 6th playoff game on. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

New rivalry folks: Ned vs Crosby. 

Vidor is not gonna like this development. 

Dayton is still Crosby's rival. BH is making some headway into the conversation. The team that gives Crosby the most issues on average is Nederland though. They don't run that same gimmick stuff Vidor does but they slow play us with the just enough from the run game and frustrate us like Vidor does. I still think Texas City actually IS but Nederland also plays the closest to Crosby in terms of talent. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They'll take our spot after we drop. Crazy that enrollment number dropping but extra curricular activity number increasing. 

Over these recent alignments Crosby is averaging about a 5-6% growth rate. Taking an average of 5.5% x our stated enrollment of 1,818 would put us at 1,918. The current D2 cutoff is Waltrip at 1,918. I'm hoping the D2 cap moves up to about 1,940 but there's a good chance Crosby has outperformed it's recent growth numbers and could come in closer to 1,950 though. Here's to hoping we're the Highland Park of D2 this year.  

22 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, let me know when you at least win the region instead of getting there and getting donkey stomped again? Just stay tuned though. The UIL is about to let us stay in D2 with nearly 2,000 kids next alignment, they'll be the most talented teams you've seen on the field at Crosby. Go ahead and get your subscription to Fox Sports Southwest if you don't already. That's the channel they show the 6th playoff game on. 

coming from a team that has made it to regionals twice in 50 years, that's funny right there.  

3 hours ago, Bigdog said:

coming from a team that has made it to regionals twice in 50 years, that's funny right there.  

Two regional titles in the last 7 years sounds better to me but to each his own. You can reach all the way back to '57 if you need to but it still won't change the trajectory Crosby's on or the surrounding THSF landscape. We got a late start after Brown vs Board of Education and were hampered with Jimmy Dickey. Looks like we may have all that stuff figured out now.