CROSBY 21 ALEDO 55/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

Yessir their defense is unbelievable. Every one of those kids have ripped up arms. You can tell they live in the weight room! Super congrats to Crosby on an incredible season!

I’m with you.   I was thinking about the weight room looking at them kids arms.  Most teams are probably lucky to get 50% participation there.  Bet Aledo is about 90%.

Aledo was as advertised and Crosby made a crazy run to state. Crosby will rebuild and Aledo will reload next year. Crosby should be proud their is over 200 teams that would of loved to been in your shoes , Congrats on a great season👍 For the district I think I can speak for all that we will not miss Mr. Dunn or Branch next year😃, but hope they continue to play at the next level.

• 3 months later...
57 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You do realize that comment you replied to was from 3 months ago. Perhaps you should get Netflix. It’s cheap. 

I'm liable to quote post from years ago. Are you some sort of gatekeeper? Do I need to clear my potential post with you first? Lately you seem to be worried about what I do. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2021 at 10:32 AM, aledoalumni said:

Did you ever go back and watch the Aledo/CH game on youtube?

Just went back an watched the Crosby vs Fort Bend Marshall game to see where we got lucky and verify why they should be the favorite to get back to Dallas from the southern half of Texas. 

My projection for FB Marshall is really based on Ja'koby Banks playing at the level Malik Hornsby did when he was there. I don't think anybody in the state will have a real answer for the Banks to Marshall connection but they were deficient in a couple of areas teams might still be able to expose this year, mainly in the trenches. 

Crosby ran for nearly 300 yards at a close to a 7ypc clip and only gave up one sack. FBM was held to less than 100 yards rushing on 29 attempts and gave up seven sacks. Our two turnovers to their zero was a big deal too. 

If Crosby can get the young hogs up to speed quickly enough don't be surprised if we show up for a rematch in Cowboys Stadium. If healthy we're going to be pretty dynamic at the skill positions the next couple of years. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Just went back an watched the Crosby vs Fort Bend Marshall game to see where we got lucky and verify why they should be the favorite to get back to Dallas from the southern half of Texas. 

My projection for FB Marshall is really based on Ja'koby Banks playing at the level Malik Hornsby did when he was there. I don't think anybody in the state will have a real answer for the Banks to Marshall connection but they were deficient in a couple of areas teams might still be able to expose this year, mainly in the trenches. 

Crosby ran for nearly 300 yards at a close to a 7ypc clip and only gave up one sack. FBM was held to less than 100 yards rushing on 29 attempts and gave up seven sacks. Our two turnovers to their zero was a big deal too. 

If Crosby can get the young hogs up to speed quickly enough don't be surprised if we show up for a rematch in Cowboys Stadium. If healthy we're going to be pretty dynamic at the skill positions the next couple of years. 

DCTF had an interview with the Crosby head coach. He said yall return 3/3. But 25-30 were able to get those extra 6 weeks of practice last year and that should definitely help. He also said spring ball gives the coaches a good idea of what they will have when they start in the fall (I'm a huge fan of spring ball for multiple reasons.) Ultimately the coach agrees with you that it comes down to the lineman (offense and defense). Personally I think FBM makes it to the title game again but we will see!

1 hour ago, Bigdog said:

why is this thread still active seven months later?

For the same reason Nederland fans bring up their state championship 64 years later. When you're just an average team like Crosby you have to live in the past. With as average as Nederland is you should fully grasp this concept. 

I understand where you're coming from though. it would almost make me feel like our co-district championship wasn't worth anything after receiving that generational 49-0 arse whipping from FBM and then watching Crosby take them out the very next week for their second regional title post Walter Twins. 

On 7/26/2021 at 3:57 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

For the same reason Nederland fans bring up their state championship 64 years later. When you're just an average team like Crosby you have to live in the past. With as average as Nederland is you should fully grasp this concept. 

I understand where you're coming from though. it would almost make me feel like our co-district championship wasn't worth anything after receiving that generational 49-0 arse whipping from FBM and then watching Crosby take them out the very next week for their second regional title post Walter Twins. 

Lol.  My only question was why the thread was still going.   Not an attack on Crosby.   But let me know when you actually win something, not get to the game and get donkey stomped again.  I enjoyed watching Ned beat Crosby again to knock them out of first place, even though it helped y'all out with  squeaking by several of the teams on the way.