Nasdaq Hits All Time High Today..

InMAGAWeTrust

27 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I mean....

He looks a lot younger there. Was Trump a registered Democrat when this was filmed? Did he state this when Obama, Hillary, Wild Bill, Biden, etc. all said that marriage was between a man and woman, or did their evolvement come much later? Was Trump spouting lies or did that penchant evolve much later? Can we trust anything that comes out of his mouth? Let's ask CardinalBacker...the definitive authority on all-Trump musings.

2 minutes ago, Englebert said:

He looks a lot younger there. Was Trump a registered Democrat when this was filmed? Did he state this when Obama, Hillary, Wild Bill, Biden, etc. all said that marriage was between a man and woman, or did that evolvement come much later? Was Trump spouting lies or did that penchant evolve much later? Can we trust anything that comes out of his mouth? Let's ask CardinalBacker...the definitive authority on all-Trump musings.

Look, it’s not like it’s unusual for this guy to talk out of his arse.  Even some of his most ardent supporters would concede that.  I’m not in the “sky is falling” camp yet, but I certainly prefer gridlock in general.   Either side of the aisle having complete and unfettered control scares the crap out of me. 

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Look, it’s not like it’s unusual for this guy to talk out of his arse.  Even some of his most ardent supporters would concede that.  I’m not in the sky is falling camp yet, but I certainly prefer gridlock in general.   Either side of the aisle having complete and unfettered control scares the crap out of me. 

Don't disagree with any of that. I'm just curious about the point you were reaching for when posting this. Do you think he was talking out of his arse? Do you attribute "talking out of their arse" when others change their tune? (Actually, I don't even know if he has changed his tune on this subject. He's changed parties numerous times in his life. I don't know what factors dictated the change.) If we want to start trying to embarrass people by playing old clips, many, many Democrat politicians (and many Republican) would have a lot of explaining to do to the politically correct crowd, much less their base.

23 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Don't disagree with any of that. I'm just curious about the point you were reaching for when posting this. Do you think he was talking out of his arse? Do you attribute "talking out of their arse" when others change their tune? (Actually, I don't even know if he has changed his tune on this subject. He's changed parties numerous times in his life. I don't know what factors dictated the change.) If we want to start trying to embarrass people by playing old clips, many, many Democrat politicians (and many Republican) would have a lot of explaining to do to the politically correct crowd, much less their base.

No doubt most of them do.  He just does it as frequently as any.  I don’t know that my point was anything other than maybe an attempt at comedy (maybe a poor attempt) and a little irony.  

Do I think he was “talking out of his arse” in this interview?   I’m certainly not clairvoyant.  But based upon what I’ve observed with him and his comments in general, I doubt he put great thought in his analysis that the economy does better under Democrats.  I don’t know exactly when this interview took place but I’m guessing 15-20 years ago.  Even Wolf Blitzer quickly pointed out the disasterous Carter administration to counter this claim.  So yes, I think he was just doing his “I’ll just spout off any thought that enters my head” routine. 

Just now, TxHoops said:

No doubt most of them do.  He just does it as frequently as any.  I don’t know that my point was other than maybe an attempt at comedy (maybe a poor attempt) and a little irony.  

Do I think he was “talking out of his arse” in this interview?   I’m certainly not clairvoyant.  But based upon what I’ve observed with him and his comments in general, I doubt he put great thought in his analysis that the economy does better under Democrats.  I don’t know exactly when this interview took place but I’m guessing 15-20 years ago.  Even Wolf Blitzer quickly pointed out the disaster out Carter administration to counter this claim.  So yes, I think he was just doing his “I’ll just spout off any thought that enters my head” routine. 

I like that Trump spouts off any thought that enters his head. We know exactly where he stands. I wish politicians would be more open about their stance on issues. You could interview Biden for 24 hours straight and still have no idea where he stands on issues. If he actually stated a position, that stance would probably change within the next 24 hours, depending on who and where the question was asked. I'll take Trump's rude, crude, unpolished stance on issues over Biden's smooth "whichever way the wind blows" stances. (I started laughing at myself when I wrote "smooth".)