Tic Price (update: Price has been fired, March 21)

undiscovered

Time to scrap all the coaches and the AD. Every program consistently underperforms every year. With the exception of women’s soccer. Since Marco Born has taken over baseball has went 37-72. Basketball is 40-38. Football is 9-12. Volleyball is 16-42. Softball is 60-74. Women’s basketball is 36-34. 

When you have a guy from Memphis running the show what do you expect. Hired a guy from San Diego as the football HC. 

SETX is home to some of the best talent in Texas. How can the home town school continue to fail to get these guys to commit? My guess is the AD and HCs don’t see the value and talent in this area. 

Baseball is atrocious. No reason it should be like that. 37-72 over 3 years!!! 

All Marco Born cares about is raising money and doesn’t care about wins and losses. He needs to go. We need a local guy running the show who will go after the best talent and can compete with bigger schools. I know Lamar isn’t going to compete with A&M, UT, or Tech. But there’s no reason we shouldn’t be competing with La Tech, ULM, UTSA, Rice, etc. 

Obviously the people in charge don’t have a clue how to get wins and build programs. They are just happy to be there. 

They simply don’t care.

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Not a seasonal award.   But obviously has his team playing their best basketball of the season going into March. 

Ok, I saw your post in the other topic too. I'll admit I didn't see it was a weekly award at first. My bad. But where are they heading going into March?

12 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Ok, I saw your post in the other topic too. I'll admit I didn't see it was a weekly award at first. My bad. But where are they heading going into March?

Conference tournament.   It has been a challenging year to say the least.  He could probably help himself by putting a half dozen NAIA schools on the schedule (like a conference rival) instead of playing U of H, Air Force, Tulane, Louisiana Tech, Southern Miss, etc.   But it is a young team with almost everyone coming back that has improved greatly over the course of the season.  

There have only been 4 coaches in the history of Lamar Basketball (since the junior college days) who have had a career winning record.  Jack Martin, Billy Stubbs, Pat Foster, and Tic Price.  Lamar didn’t get the invite to join the WAC with SFA, Sam Houston, and Abilene because of their football program.  Tic is well respected among the NCAA coaching fraternity for a reason.  

I do agree however with points made about some of the other programs, most notably baseball.   Lamar should never be a doormat there.  

On 3/5/2021 at 4:40 PM, TxHoops said:

There have only been 4 coaches in the history of Lamar Basketball (since the junior college days) who have had a career winning record.  Jack Martin, Billy Stubbs, Pat Foster, and Tic Price.  Lamar didn’t get the invite to join the WAC with SFA, Sam Houston, and Abilene because of their football program.  Tic is well respected among the NCAA coaching fraternity for a reason.  

I do agree however with points made about some of the other programs, most notably baseball.   Lamar should never be a doormat there.  

Lol. Tic Price is average at best. When was the last time Lamar did anything significant in basketball? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • AggiesAreWe changed the title to Tic Price (update: Price has been fired, March 21)
5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:
This is the hidden content, please

·

Lamar MBB coach Tic Price has been fired, per an announcement by the school.

Is anyone surprised about this other than @TxHoops?

1 hour ago, BlueOwl said:

Yes I would say so. When he got hired Lamar went from not offering a local kid a scholarship in years to having at least one local kid on the team every season. If you ask me, that’s a welcomed change to the program. Also, he is widely respected by college head coaches across America. But I’m sure you know more than they do. 

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Marko not a man of his word.

Marko will be gone in a year or two. He got Lamar in the wac...that’s all he cared about.

As far as basketball goes I’m banking on some of that special talent will not be at Lamar next year.

Kopp already entered the portal.  If they lose Kasen, Muoka, etc, it’s going to be a train wreck.  Especially Kasen.  Best recruit Lamar has gotten in a while.  Got robbed of Freshman of the year in that conference. 

43 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Kopp already entered the portal.  If they lose Kasen, Muoka, etc also leave, it’s going to be a train wreck.  Especially Kasen.  Best recruit Lamar has gotten in a while.  Got robbed of Freshman of the year in that conference. 

Yep

I can see Kasen at UofH

I wonder what McClure will do?

On 3/21/2021 at 4:21 PM, BlueOwl said:

I am not surprised by the new AD decisions at all, everything he has touched has turned to crap . Whats surprising is, the worst athletic program Lamar has had in the last 20 years or so haven't been touched which is Track and Field . Tic Price was at least trying to recruit local talent, and out of 7 seasons only had 2 losing seasons . This new AD is a looser and has come in and is destroying Lamar entire athletic program right before our eyes.

Those were  my thoughts exactly.  We would have had a core of a basketball team that was looking pretty good at the end of the year coming back.  While Tic Price was not setting the world on fire I felt he was decent and just a good player or two from making the jump.

Robin Harmony left the women's basketball program two years ago after a 115-66 record; since then the women have been 20-34.

Holly Bruder took a start up women's softball team to the NISC championship game after 5 years.  This year the softball record so far is 2-24.  She was terminated on a claim of religious discrimination.

The soccer team is doing good so maybe that can be destroyed next.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:30 PM, rc2182 said:

I am not surprised by the new AD decisions at all, everything he has touched has turned to crap . Whats surprising is, the worst athletic program Lamar has had in the last 20 years or so haven't been touched which is Track and Field . Tic Price was at least trying to recruit local talent, and out of 7 seasons only had 2 losing seasons . This new AD is a looser and has come in and is destroying Lamar entire athletic program right before our eyes.

Marco Born is a complete moron and doesn’t know how to run an athletic program. All he cares about is fundraising. He could care less about wins and losses. He had a golden opportunity to make an exciting hire in football and we see how that’s going. He will probably hire a first time HC to take over the basketball program. Lamar needs someone that actually cares about winning to be the AD. Not some slap from Middle Tennessee.