United gym

It’s funny.  I thought t they were adding new lights this year.  They’ve already replaced the stadium lights and put brighter lights on all the breezeways at the school.  Seems like it would be common sense to replace all the gym lights.  I guess it’s because really no one complained.  Truthfully, when I catch a game, I never really notice...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Do you know of any players or coaches that’s complained about it?

Not particularly.  I was in the gym this morning.....  very dim like its always been.....I just figured after all these years someone would eventually make a change for the better.

i know in the past fans from different teams would say things about the lack of light. So I’m sure coaches and players have done the same....

its not hard to see that one can’t see😁.

30 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

I spoke with the AD about it and it was explained to me that the bulbs cant be changed...you have to change the whole fixture and was suppose to be done this year but of course...Covid slowed it down so next year its suppose to be done...we will 👀

Not buying that one.  BU managed to finish that cafeteria project and the parking lot painting projects during COVID....  I don’t think the gym lighting project was even on the itinerary...

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not buying that one.  BU managed to finish that cafeteria project and the parking lot painting projects during COVID....  I don’t think the gym lighting project was even on the itinerary...

United folks need to keep the pressure on.  Its hard to even see the spin of the ball in that environment. 

13 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

I spoke with the AD about it and it was explained to me that the bulbs cant be changed...you have to change the whole fixture and was suppose to be done this year but of course...Covid slowed it down so next year its suppose to be done...we will 👀

Lmao...thats a new one! And yes, opposing coaches have complained a lot!

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

Build a new dome, and think about how much fun there will be had by all with the naming.

Nah.  No need to build a new one.  I believe the topic was about lighting only.  I believe Chester would probably have a bigger need for a new gym.  Your attempt at being funny fell on deaf ears.

9 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

What attempt would that be?  I went to Roy Guess, Austin and French.....I actually do think a multi-purpose gym would be smart.  There is plenty of room next to Veteran’s Memorial stadium.  

I agree.  The original proposal with the bond there was supposed to be one built on that land.  Reason why it didn’t go through...  long story...  

While repairing the lighting in United's dim gym I'll also replace those antique scoreboards. Barbers Hill has a quality

state of the art scoreboard replica to Lamar University. It'll be my gift to the facility on Fannett Rd. that has a rich basketball history during Hebert,Ozen and now United era. 4 state titles 7 state appearances etc. I will make this

donation with the Bisd board's approval just as soon as I win Power Ball or Mega Millions..... This is  probably the only way these needed upgrades will ever happen. The only other way in my opinion is BISD builds one new high school for Beaumont which in most likely hood will never happen. Food for thought...Good day to all. jmo... 

So serious question, has either United (or Ozen) teams, boys or girls, ever been shooting teams? We are talking about the lights and it being dark, but if you aren't a team known for 3 Point shooting would you want it to be bright for those opponents that are? It's been mentioned on here that multiple opponents have complained, maybe that's good. Competitive advantage. What's best for the fans might not always be best for the team. 

4 hours ago, RaiderRed30 said:

So serious question, has either United (or Ozen) teams, boys or girls, ever been shooting teams? We are talking about the lights and it being dark, but if you aren't a team known for 3 Point shooting would you want it to be bright for those opponents that are? It's been mentioned on here that multiple opponents have complained, maybe that's good. Competitive advantage. What's best for the fans might not always be best for the team. 

I can think of quite a few really good shooting Ozen teams from the past and this year’s United team may be one of the better 3pt shooting teams since they’ve been in existence.