West Orange-Stark 66 Silsbee 74/FINAL

WOSgrad

Just now, Kountzer said:

The game is being shown on you tube.  No commentary.  You gotta figure it out yourself.  I tuned in  in the 2nd qtr.

I could not tell which team was which for a minute or two. WOS looks like the the more polished team to me.  Silsbee making some sloppy passes.  Perhaps it is a more experienced team, WOS, playing a young team, Silsbee.  #. 23 for WOS is good.

Post that link!

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange-Stark 66 Silsbee 74/FINAL

Silsbee is always gonna get the best effort of other teams. They need to understand that. All the more reason to bury an opponent when you have them down like early tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of games are like this. Get caught slipping and we may lose one.

Had some uncharacteristic turnovers right when it looked like we were gonna pull away (again), and most every time WOS turned that into points. It's just youth showing. They'll learn.

My Mustangs gave Silsbee a taste of that pressure.  It was a hard fought game by a pretty young Mustangs team that have a lot coming back and they just got into Coach Wilson's system.  You guys have a good Tigers squad that is young but I wouldn't sleep on my Mustangs.  I keep telling you guys these boys play hard for Wilson, don't be suprised if they get hot and go on a run.  Good game Tigers, I'm glad my Mustangs are playing tough on the hardwood again.

15 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee had 25 turnovers last night.

Youth really showed. Several poor shot selections compounded with the turnovers kept this game close.

Silsbee led the entire game. I would not be surprised if this is the same result at WO-S.

They seemed to have trouble with the full court pressure. Lots of lazy lob passes trying to break the press led to many turnovers. 

2 minutes ago, DXTR said:

They seemed to have trouble with the full court pressure. Lots of lazy lob passes trying to break the press led to many turnovers. 

That and just not good court vision or communication. Several times the young Tigers got the ball stole from them from behind.

I was expecting Silsbee to take a few losses in district this year and they still may. But I thought it would be in the first half of district. This team will continue to improve and getting them later in season will be tough.