Free Speech!

BS Wildcats

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

What are the thoughts on what Apple, Google, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and others have done the past few days?  Looks like the Gestapo is taking shape!!

This is simple. If enough people stop using facebook and twitter and they will get the point that we will not be censored!!!

This is my only social media.  I like it that way, and sometimes wish I could avoid the political section.  It’s just really interesting to me to see divergent view points.  I am still amazed that I am considered “far right”.  I wish Biden / Harris nothing but success.  America though, and politicians in particular are speeding toward the complete opposite end of the spectrum from me.  I want to be left alone, lower taxes, fewer governmental interferences in my life, 2A and religious liberties.  I am pro-American, a veteran and served the people for over 32 years.  Work for what you get and I want hand-outs restricted (because I’m the one paying for it).  Almost everything I listed is considered pure abomination by the Democrats.  There are so many on here who have all the answers and the name calling serves no purpose.  I gave Obama a chance (voted against him twice) and he lived up and surpassed my reservations I had about him.  

11 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

This is my only social media.  I like it that way, and sometimes wish I could avoid the political section.  It’s just really interesting to me to see divergent view points.  I am still amazed that I am considered “far right”.  I wish Biden / Harris nothing but success.  America though, and politicians in particular are speeding toward the complete opposite end of the spectrum from me.  I want to be left alone, lower taxes, fewer governmental interferences in my life, 2A and religious liberties.  I am pro-American, a veteran and served the people for over 32 years.  Work for what you get and I want hand-outs restricted (because I’m the one paying for it).  Almost everything I listed is considered pure abomination by the Democrats.  There are so many on here who have all the answers and the name calling serves no purpose.  I gave Obama a chance (voted against him twice) and he lived up and surpassed my reservations I had about him.  

Thank you for serving our country!!!  You may not believe it but we have a lot of the same thoughts and values. 

12 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

A society that puts equality... ahead of freedom will end up with neither. - Milton Friedman

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

What are the thoughts on what Apple, Google, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and others have done the past few days?  Looks like the Gestapo is taking shape!!

It must be pretty bad.  Even the liberal ACLU is concerned.  Like I've said before -- if they come for me, they'll come for you!!

I guess the CEO’s of these social media leftist groups have no problem letting the Ayatollah still have open accounts.  And this from a man that openly declared death to Americans.  And the Democrats wonder why the right feels the way they do about them.  I will never understand the support for their politics.

On 1/11/2021 at 5:13 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Maybe for a fee we can allow free speech here. ;)

You do have limits on speech here. That is not a criticism. You can deny me a platform here if I don’t couch my comments in terms acceptable to your rules. Is “no shirt, no shoes , no service” denial of my right to self expression?  Conservatives have no problem with denying wedding cakes to couples who don’t fit their definition of normal. I don’t either. Business reserve the right to refuse service. 

23 minutes ago, UT alum said:

You do have limits on speech here. That is not a criticism. You can deny me a platform here if I don’t couch my comments in terms acceptable to your rules. Is “no shirt, no shoes , no service” denial of my right to self expression?  Conservatives have no problem with denying wedding cakes to couples who don’t fit their definition of normal. I don’t either. Business reserve the right to refuse service. 

Nobody violated Parler’s terms an 7 million people’s voices were silenced by Apple who also didn’t have terms in place for Parler. We do have religious rights in this country at least for now. The so called couple wanted the baker to violate his religious rights and beliefs by baking a cake that endorses and celebrates same sex marriage. That’s the bakers right. Spin it how you want The baker was within his rights.

30 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Laying down a set of ground rules to keep message boards clean and respectable is not the same thing as deleting accounts simply because you don’t agree with their political views.