Hardin-Jefferson 81 Barbers Hill 54/FINAL

• WOSgrad changed the title to Hardin-Jefferson 81 Barbers Hill 54/FINAL
4 hours ago, HawkPride4life said:

81-54 HJ/FINAL

ONE OF THE MOST HORRIBLE OFFICIATING I HAVE EVER SEEN! 
REGARDLESS, OUR LADY HAWKS BATTLE THROUGH IT, AND STILL COME OUT ON TOP! 

LADY HAWKS NOW 16-0! 

I was thinking the same thing.  Always terrible officiating at HJ

3 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

When playing at BH it’s expected....been like that since the mid 90s

Th officiating was bad, anytime someone breathed on #3 for HJ  BH got a foul called on them.  BH kept it around 15-18 for most of the game before some late minute baskets made it look worse than it was.  HJ is a great team but I thought BH played hard and tough. BH is a young team with team with two freshman getting a lot of PT.  

Congrats to the BH JV for beating HJ 65-63. Was that the first loss for HJ's JV team? And I take it there is no freshman team? 

1 hour ago, kenny powers said:

Th officiating was bad, anytime someone breathed on #3 for HJ  BH got a foul called on them.  BH kept it around 15-18 for most of the game before some late minute baskets made it look worse than it was.  HJ is a great team but I thought BH played hard and tough. BH is a young team with team with two freshman getting a lot of PT.  

Congrats to the BH JV for beating HJ 65-63. Was that the first loss for HJ's JV team? And I take it there is no freshman team? 

I’m not From hj, nor do I have a relative their.

I don’t care..

On 1/9/2021 at 8:33 PM, kenny powers said:

BH is a well coached team who did a very good job with running their offense and with spacing and back door cuts which kept the game manageable.  There was some questionable calls on both ends of the floor.  #3 only went to the FT line 3 times,  she had a very good game offensively tho from the perimeter and finished the game with 33 pts.  #22 for BH can flat out shoot the basketball!  She finished with a team high 19 pts and #20 finished with 17.  The foul count favored BH both halves (1st BH 6 HJ 11 2nd BH 7 HJ 15+) BH shot 28 FT's (19-28) and HJ shot 11 FT (8-11).

The JV game was exciting with HJ missing 2 potential game winners at the buzzer!  That is HJ's JV 2nd loss of the season.  Great bball atmosphere for a girls bball game.

#22 and #17 had very nice games for BH which is what you need as a young team, to have the Jr and Srs step up.

I would argue with #3 and how many times she went to foul line, especially in the 1st half when the game was closer. She had a great game though. 

I would argue the foul count is always going to go against HJ because they play hard tight defense. They are in your face and grabbing/pulling on you the entire game. Some game the refs let a lot of that go and some games they don't.  BH plays no where near the level of defense that HJ does, I think their defense impressed me the most. 

Who else beat the HJ JV? They were good. 

Agreed on atmosphere, it was fun. 

4 hours ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

BH is a well coached team who did a very good job with running their offense and with spacing and back door cuts which kept the game manageable.  There was some questionable calls on both ends of the floor.  #3 only went to the FT line 3 times,  she had a very good game offensively tho from the perimeter and finished the game with 33 pts.  #22 for BH can flat out shoot the basketball!  She finished with a team high 19 pts and #20 finished with 17.  The foul count favored BH both halves (1st BH 6 HJ 11 2nd BH 7 HJ 15+) BH shot 28 FT's (19-28) and HJ shot 11 FT (8-11)

The JV game was exciting with HJ missing 2 potential game winners at the buzzer!  That is HJ's JV 2nd loss of the season.  Great bball atmosphere for a girls bball game.