Crosby vs Aledo

wbfan

54 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Though I will admit we’re certainly with the times up in this part of the world; it’s still 1998 in Crosby and other places in that area. You can’t argue that 

I would definitely argue that’s not the case. What I would say is that they have more money in the DFW than the average school does down here though. Do some of the conservative views hold back the Golden Triangle area? Absolutely. To say they’re holding back schools like Crosby and BH is incorrect though. “Modernizing” is part of the reason Crosby was in their financial situation they were a couple of years ago. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2021 at 11:52 PM, CougarCal said:

It would be interesting if the COOGS can jump right on em and make the game a dogfight just like they have the past few weeks.  I just hope the travel, playing at Jerrysworld, and the aura of Aledo isn’t too much. 

5, 4, 3, 7, and up next is 2.  Never seen a run like it!

1) Crosby had a great start and did exactly this. Took an early lead and even scored again later after an Aledo mistake (running into the punter). Couldnt have asked for a much better start.

2) Based off of the start , I wouldnt say playing at the Cowboys stadium wasnt much of a factor. Crosby seemed like the stage wasnt too big. 

On 3/25/2021 at 8:03 AM, aledoalumni said:

1) Crosby had a great start and did exactly this. Took an early lead and even scored again later after an Aledo mistake (running into the punter). Couldnt have asked for a much better start.

2) Based off of the start , I wouldnt say playing at the Cowboys stadium wasnt much of a factor. Crosby seemed like the stage wasnt too big. 

Sometimes you just run into a team that is bigger, stronger, and faster.  Couldn’t stop what looked like 2 or 3 plays lol.  I think at the beginning of the year if you said Crosby will be playing for the Championship that everyone would’ve been thrilled with that.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Will the slave trade auction the student at Aledo got busted for hurt their incoming recruiting class?

First of all, that kid and anyone that participated are idiots. Secondly, I hope people dont decided to move to or leave Aledo based off what a freshman did. Finally, Aledo does not recruit. So no, what happened wont effect something that does not happen. 

RBs Jonathan Gray, Jase McClellan, WR JoJo EArle...QB from California...6'6" 285 lbs OL kids just magically appear in Aledo every football season...it's amazing...but, Aledo does not recruit.  It's the program causing kids to just move-in.  Right.

Go Indians.  Peace.

15 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

RBs Jonathan Gray, Jase McClellan, WR JoJo EArle...QB from California...6'6" 285 lbs OL kids just magically appear in Aledo every football season...it's amazing...but, Aledo does not recruit.  It's the program causing kids to just move-in.  Right.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Pretty simple solution. Submit your evidence to the UIL. 

48 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Go Indians.  Peace.

Just think about it for a second:  If a promising athlete comes along and looks around the State to play for a quality coach and program, where would you think their first choice would be -- Aledo or PNG?  And apparently those that do not understand this thinks there is a lot of recruiting going on.  Build a program and they will come.  

10 hours ago, Reagan said:

Just think about it for a second:  If a promising athlete comes along and looks around the State to play for a quality coach and program, where would you think their first choice would be -- Aledo or PNG?  And apparently those that do not understand this thinks there is a lot of recruiting going on.  Build a program and they will come.  

Programs like that don't have to recruit.  Their success, facilities, community, etc.  does all of the recruiting that they'll ever need.  If a family lives in or around the DFW area with a great paying job or the means to obtain a great paying job anywhere they choose and have a son/daughter with the potential to be great (size, athleticism, etc.) they are going to put themselves in a position for their kids to experience success.  Period. 

If you had a job in Houston that offered you the ability to live wherever you want around the Houston area to commute to work.. and you have a 6'6 225 pound son who loves football, has spent a lifetime going to summer camps including strength training, speed camps, skill specific camps, had a personal trainer, had a nutritionist, had a personal tutor, etc.. would you choose to live in Houston Scarborough's district?  Or would you buy a house in Katy?

Don't worry.  I know the answer.. in fact.  That's similarly what's happening in Aledo. This comment isn't directed at you.. just a general statement for anyone inquiring. 

On 4/14/2021 at 8:43 AM, oldschool2 said:

Programs like that don't have to recruit.  Their success, facilities, community, etc.  does all of the recruiting that they'll ever need.  If a family lives in or around the DFW area with a great paying job or the means to obtain a great paying job anywhere they choose and have a son/daughter with the potential to be great (size, athleticism, etc.) they are going to put themselves in a position for their kids to experience success.  Period. 

If you had a job in Houston that offered you the ability to live wherever you want around the Houston area to commute to work.. and you have a 6'6 225 pound son who loves football, has spent a lifetime going to summer camps including strength training, speed camps, skill specific camps, had a personal trainer, had a nutritionist, had a personal tutor, etc.. would you choose to live in Houston Scarborough's district?  Or would you buy a house in Katy?

Don't worry.  I know the answer.. in fact.  That's similarly what's happening in Aledo. This comment isn't directed at you.. just a general statement for anyone inquiring. 

Carthage gets accused of it all the time. Build a program, they will come. 

On 4/13/2021 at 11:26 AM, CougarCal said:

Will the slave trade auction the student at Aledo got busted for hurt their incoming recruiting class?

Man Cal, with today's climate I was just going to leave that one alone. But since you wen there .  .  . maybe we can pass the collection plate around town and try to come up with a big enough bid for that 5 star freshman they have with the SEC offers? 

On 4/13/2021 at 9:35 PM, 1989NDN said:

Go Indians.  Peace.

Undoubtedly whatever they do is legal but it's definitely the biggest anomaly in high school football. Only 2% of Aledo's high school population is black yet over 80% of their D1 football recruits are? It's hard to imagine Aledo having a higher hit rate on top talent than a North Shore, Westfield, Duncanville or Allen. How do you hit basically back to back on two 5 star running backs with probably 1% or that 2%(17-25) kids being male? Why don't they hit on that same level with the 1% of the girls? I guess the answer is the small percentage of minorities that attend Aledo pass up other good schools in the DFW where they would receive the same scholarship offers to come way out west so they can potentially have their kids auctioned off? 

On 4/13/2021 at 10:23 PM, Reagan said:

You're glossing over a lot of factors to make that comment. First of all nobody really "looks around the state" for quality programs to put their kids in. They look at an area with a reasonable commute to their job plus affordable housing and go from there. There would never be a choice between Aledo or PNG. The choice would be between Aledo and a school like Arlington Martin. If I had a kid that was a big time prospect I would choose Martin because he would play against stiffer competition ultimately making him better and definitely get more looks due to what's around him and who he's lining up across from. I can't name one player from Aledo besides Wes Harris that's actually lived up to his star rating coming out of high school, I can point to Myles Garrett and several other coming out of Martin though. 

If what you said was true then there would be 100s of black kids at Aledo because of parents thinking their kids are good athletes and have a chance for a state title or a scholarship. 100s of parents would be putting themselves in a bind to purchase one of those $500k houses so their kid could play in the program. That's far from the case though. They just have this small, highly elite fraction that just so happen to make that decision? Those parents are much more likely to move to Mansfield, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Euless, etc. which would give their kids the same, if not better chances for a scholarship.

You can apply your "build it and they will come" theory to Lake Travis, Austin Westlake and Southlake Carroll and all of their recruiting numbers would hold though. I'm not saying Aledo is recruiting but there's definitely something head scratching about why their college recruiting numbers don't look similar to the three power house programs I just named who also have very comparable demographics.  

On 4/14/2021 at 8:43 AM, oldschool2 said:

That's not what's going on at Aledo though. There are certain parents showing up in Aledo who probably couldn't "afford" to live there if their son didn't have D1 talent. No you wouldn't choose an HISD school in the hood over Katy. The question is would you buy a house in Katy High, Cinco Ranch, Tompkins, Taylor or Paetow's zone? Why wouldn't you buy the house in North Shore where he would play against better competition in practice and play in the highest classification in the playoffs? Obviously the best player's parents in Katy ISD this year chose Tompkins. Katy High has also had issues in the past with incoming transfers and player eligibility. People move to Katy's district all the time for football but you've never been able to look at Katy's football team and said it doesn't reflect the enrollment on the school. Yes, if you build it they will come. The question with Aledo is how do they get there?