Crosby vs Aledo

wbfan

LH - well coached and well disciple. Not much athleticism but they do everything right and know how to run that offense 

Tex High - Overrated in an overall weak district

FBM - Has the athletes still there but not as good as in past years 

Huntsville- I didnt really get to catch them play so im kinda lost. I know they were undefeated and ranked very high

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

LH - well coached and well disciple. Not much athleticism but they do everything right and know how to run that offense 

Tex High - Overrated in an overall weak district

FBM - Has the athletes still there but not as good as in past years 

Huntsville- I didnt really get to catch them play so im kinda lost. I know they were undefeated and ranked very high

1-4? LH 1?

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ok.  Thanks.  This will be a doozie.  I’ll go dig up some video on Aledo and research Crosby one more time and give a prediction.

I'm most impressed with our game against Cedar Hill. We were down by 3 with about 4 minutes left and had the opportunity to go win the game. Our Sophomore QB threw an int and then a couple plays later they scored to make it a 10 point game. But we had em!  

8 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

I'm most impressed with our game against Cedar Hill. We were down by 3 with about 4 minutes left and had the opportunity to go win the game. Our Sophomore QB threw an int and then a couple plays later they scored to make it a 10 point game. But we had em!  

Y’all hung tough with CH.  now that’s something.  I believe they’re also playing for a title in 6a...

53 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

Since the topic of rankings is being discussed. How would yall rank Liberty Hill, Texas High, FBM, and Huntsville. 

Crosby went to OT with both Huntsville and Liberty Hill.  I think those two were better than FBM and Texas High.  Huntsville and LH were very different types of teams so Crosby folks can decide who was best.  I personally had Huntsville-Aledo in my predicted Final.  

13 hours ago, Reagan said:

Aledo coach:   6 state Titles              Fort Bend Marshall Coach:  0 state titles.

Not saying FBM's coach is not good.  Just saying not yet on the level of Aledo's coach.

There’s an argument for Reginald Samples or Phil Danaher to currently be the best coaches in THSF. Probably 650 career wins but 0 state titles between them. You don’t think those guys are elite but somebody like Tom Westerberg, who’s only finished above 3rd place once in his time at BH I believe, is for his work at Allen which consisted of multiple state titles?

Go tell another high school coach that Kirk Martin and Glen West aren’t elite for what they did at Manvel and Brenham. How do you know Crosby’s coach isn’t elite too? He’s going to be coaching for a title in his 28th career game, Tim Buchanan didn’t coach for a title until his 73rd career game at Aledo. 

2 hours ago, aledoalumni said:

Since the topic of rankings is being discussed. How would yall rank Liberty Hill, Texas High, FBM, and Huntsville. 

1. FBM - If they play their best game they’re going to beat all those other teams more times than they’ll lost to them. 

2. Huntsville - I think they’re tied with with FBM defensively. FBM hands down has the better offense so I put them ahead. 

3. LH - They scored a lot of points on Crosby with that offense but I’d imagine they could only get half that on FBM or Huntsville. The way FBM held Calallen to 17 points in that semifinal game a few years ago lets me know their staff can defend that style offense. They would score the same 60 Crosby did offensively. The Bobino brothers would just smother the entire inside against LH so I think it’s an even worse matchup for them. 

4. Texas High - several 5A teams down here would beat them

7 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Whatever, Leon.

5 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Nah, you’re here supporting Crosby and we appreciate it. Maybe I can get a Code Red shirt for you.  

3 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

I wish it would have been a normal year so all of yall could come up and pack the stadium. Great seeing the communities make the drive. 

Yes. 

Grad: lol

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

1. FBM - If they play their best game they’re going to beat all those other teams more times than they’ll lost to them. 

2. Huntsville - I think they’re tied with with FBM defensively. FBM hands down has the better offense so I put them ahead. 

3. LH - They scored a lot of points on Crosby with that offense but I’d imagine they could only get half that on FBM or Huntsville. The way FBM held Calallen to 17 points in that semifinal game a few years ago lets me know their staff can defend that style offense. They would score the same 60 Crosby did offensively. The Bobino brothers would just smother the entire inside against LH so I think it’s an even worse matchup for them. 

4. Texas High - several 5A teams down here would beat them

Mostly agree with this, but FBM would not have beaten Huntsville this year.  No Orange Bowl MVP D. Achane to save them this time.  Waited all year for that.  Thanks Crosby

10 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Mostly agree with this, but FBM would not have beaten Huntsville this year.  No Orange Bowl MVP D. Achane to save them this time.  Waited all year for that.  Thanks Crosby

I agree. Crosby needs to focus on playing against 2020 Aledo. Not our program and its history. Its tough. Seen many teams let the name on the front of the jersey psyche them out. I will admit though playing at AT&T is an experience that will be a distraction. At least for a min or two. Aledo is comfortable playing there and the allure has worn off. My favorite example of this is when Aledo played Temple. 

Temple-vs.-Aledo-132-600x338.jpg

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

There’s an argument for Reginald Samples or Phil Danaher to currently be the best coaches in THSF. Probably 650 career wins but 0 state titles between them. You don’t think those guys are elite but somebody like Tom Westerberg, who’s only finished above 3rd place once in his time at BH I believe, is for his work at Allen which consisted of multiple state titles?

Go tell another high school coach that Kirk Martin and Glen West aren’t elite for what they did at Manvel and Brenham. How do you know Crosby’s coach isn’t elite too? He’s going to be coaching for a title in his 28th career game, Tim Buchanan didn’t coach for a title until his 73rd career game at Aledo. 

Elite status is earned -- not learned!