Crosby vs Aledo

wbfan

Everyone keeps talking about the coaching like Aledo doesnt have athletes to go with that...2021 #10 player in Texas (Early) Bama commit,  2022 #13 player in Texas (Allen Jr) LSU commit. They have athletes as well as coaching..

But anything can happen between the lines, Pulling for you Crosby. It will be tough but all you can do is go out there, give it your all and let the chips fall where they may.  Win or lose the season has been a thrill

State Championship History

Aledo: 12th state title game appearance

1974 Grapeland (L) 19-18

1998 Cuero (W) 14-7

2009 Brenham (W) 35-21

2010 La Marque (W) 69-34

2011 Manvel (W) 49-28

2013 Brenham (W) 38-10

2014 Temple (W) 49-45

2016 Calallen (W) 24-16

2017 College Station (L) 20-19

2018 Fort Bend Marshall (W) 55-19

2019 Fort Bend Marshall (W) 45-42

2020 Crosby (?)

Crosby: 2nd state title game appearance

1960 Albany (L) 20-0

2020 Aledo (?)

Aledo is 12-1 at AT&T Stadium

2009 Stephenville (W) 26-23

2010 LaMarque (W) 69-34

2011 Manvel (W) 49-28

2013 Brenham (W) 38-10

2014 Temple (W) 49-45

2016 Boswell (W) 42-14

2016 Calallen (W) 24-16

2017 College Station (L) 20-19

2018 WF Rider (W) 63-7

2018 Fort Bend Marshall (W) 55-17

2019 Red Oak (W) 34-14

2019 Fort Bend Marshall (W) 45-42

19 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Rings or not I think we had/have a better chance against Aledo than we did against Liberty Hill. Conventional spread team we’ve been playing excellently against every game since Montgomery.

Remember what we said about FBM not being the same FBM as years past? Same thing can be said for this version of Aledo. They’re probably even more gettable this year than the squad that lost to College Station in ‘17. 

I disagree that this team is more "gettable" than 2017. We had several sophomores in key positions that were running the team. This year more experienced players are in those positions. Our defense in 2017 was much better though. 

13 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Fort Bend Marshall’s coach is pretty elite. Five consecutive regional final appearances, back to back state finals appearances, 51-7 overall record the last four years. He played Aledo better on his second try, 45-42, last year in the title game. FBM has probably been the second best spread team in D2 the last few years and Crosby held them to 28. Same round Aledo struggled to hold Lovejoy under 50. 

That LJ offense might be the best in 5A. They were really good. 

I do wish #2 was 100% for yall. That dude is electric. I'm sure he will still be able to make our D-line miss on the pass rush but when yalls QB is good he is fun to watch. #1 can obviously take it to the house from anywhere on the field so Aledo will have to always keep an eye on him. Also we cant let #13 and #12 (I think) run past our DBs and give yall big gains. I think this game will be determinded how well Aledo can prevent Crosby from having big plays. If we can somewhat keep yall in check then that will go a lot way to #10. 

4 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

I dont think anyone from any classification has had a more difficult road. If they have I havent seen it. 

Just solely looking at Crosby beating state ranked opponents in FB Marshall and Huntsville.  Those were huge wins for that up and coming program. I was thoroughly impressed.  Now I haven’t did much research on Aledo’s path to this point.  Feel free to share that information.

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just solely looking at Crosby beating state ranked opponents in FB Marshall and Huntsville.  Those were huge wins for that up and coming program. I was thoroughly impressed.  Now I haven’t did much research on Aledo’s path to this point.  Feel free to share that information.

Same thing I was thinking as an outsider looking in, They beat two undefeated and 3 state ranked teams. 

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Anything specific you were wondering about?