Galena Park 54 Port Neches-Groves 41/FINAL

• WOSgrad changed the title to Galena Park 54 Port Neches-Groves 41/FINAL

Yes they were forced to forfeit.  Our district being so spread out makes it hard to get fair officiating traveling that far.  Those officials know the schools in the golden triangle will never be contracting/paying them and they do show favoritism.    Which poor officiating is what I heard was the reason for the uproar.

Huh I'm not following. Max Preps lists scores every quarter ? Did someone make that up or when did they forfeit? 

As far as officiating its been horrible all year. Last Tuesday at PNG the PNG parents had to be restrained in the stands (loudly yelled you suck at the Refs) and after the game a momma was cussing out the refs for all to hear. Maybe its just as much a PNG parent thing as it is officiating? 

I’m not sure what is going on, but what you just described is what was described to me what happened in GP but during the 4th qtr. and the refs called the game and had PNG forfeit. I have a feeling they were still losing. I like passionate fans, but no matter how bad the officiating is, you can’t do that. I complained the last 4 years that the officiating of HS Girls basketball needs to improve. The games tend to be way more physical than the boys games. It’s a combination of things, but I wish it would improve.

There are lots of reasons for that....  Different chapters call the games differently.  If a team goes into a game and does not adjust, it is on them, not the officials.

With COVID, fans have to understand that officiating chapters are severely short handed.  In our games, we always get an experienced ref and two younger ones who are being trained up.  You can whine about it, adapt and use it to your benefit, or go to the officials association and sign up to help....  In reality those are the three choices you have...

I have never seen a ref stop, anaylze the comments from the stands and then change how they were calling...   If folks would hush and just cheer for their team... you would be amazed at how much the officiating changes...

I know this game had some stuff that crossed the line as far as a ref interacting with a player, but fans have got to let the coaches handle that kind of stuff..

37 minutes ago, hjhawks said:

There are lots of reasons for that....  Different chapters call the games differently.  If a team goes into a game and does not adjust, it is on them, not the officials.

With COVID, fans have to understand that officiating chapters are severely short handed.  In our games, we always get an experienced ref and two younger ones who are being trained up.  You can whine about it, adapt and use it to your benefit, or go to the officials association and sign up to help....  In reality those are the three choices you have...

I have never seen a ref stop, anaylze the comments from the stands and then change how they were calling...   If folks would hush and just cheer for their team... you would be amazed at how much the officiating changes...

I know this game had some stuff that crossed the line as far as a ref interacting with a player, but fans have got to let the coaches handle that kind of stuff..

Typically crews are either tighter or looser than fans want.  Good coaches and teams make adjustments.  It is hard to believe that unruly fans would cause a forfeit.  The game administrator should of been used to remove as many fans needed to keep the game going.  

As far as COVID and short handed chapters, that is true and it makes it even more tough with all the cancellations and movement of games.