Crosby 62 Liberty Hill 61/FINAL-OT/CROSBY COUGARS HEADED TO JERRYWORLD!!!!

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

It has to be really hard for the Refs with LH’s offense.  So many guys moving.  The little guard #53 looks like he jumps early every time he pulls 

He does jump early. They called it a couple times but let it go about 1000

7 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Some needs to give that rb a hug because he could have walked into the endzone if he doesn't bobble the handoff.... Congrats Crosby state bound

If you’re going to live by the Slot-T, then you also have to accept when you die by it at the goal line. That’s a tough style of offense to execute cleanly all night. They failed to do so at the most inopportune time of the year and took the ride back to LH with tears in their eyes because of it. 

Someone earlier this week said LH was “Vidor on steroids”. There may never have been a more true analogy spoken on this forum. If we never lined up with LH again it would be too soon. 

5 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Facts. Dunn tried to do too much tonight. 

30 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If you’re going to live by the Slot-T, then you also have to accept when you die by it at the goal line. That’s a tough style of offense to execute cleanly all night. They failed to do so at the most inopportune time of the year and took the ride back to LH with tears in their eyes because of it. 

Someone earlier this week said LH was “Vidor on steroids”. There may never have been a more true analogy spoken on this forum. If we never lined up with LH again it would be too soon. 

Agreed. 

Great win Cougs.  Enjoyed every minute of it.  Agreed that Dunn tried to do to much, but hey, that's what this team does and it works.  I didn't like being in a close game with these guys, but Crosby got the break they needed on the last play.  Next week is a whole different ball game.  Celebrate and then concentrate next week and bring home the trophy.  Whoop.

I was pulling for Crosby, what a great game and win. 
Next week we have David versus Goliath. 
Let’s Go Crosby. 
If you can defeat the giant it will give my Dawgs a chance next year to tie for most state championship titles. 
I believe we had Crosby on our schedule this year but COVID interfered. 
That would of been a great game. 

3 minutes ago, Horton said:

Let’s Go Crosby. 
If you can defeat the giant it will give my Dawgs a chance next year to tie for most state championship titles. 

We had em week 3. That i know in PA. 

12 minutes ago, Horton said:

Let’s Go Crosby. 

Yes, Crosby and Carthage were scheduled to start the season in what was supposed to be the first game in the opening weekend classic in New Caney.

Just an incredible game.  Probably the best I’ve seen. Liberty Hill lost one of their top rushers to a broken tibia early on.  That #42 had 1,150 yards rushing just in the playoffs.  Very impressed with Liberty Hill.  That’s a program that will consistently be a tough out.  

Crosby never trailed in the game but didn’t score in the 4th Qtr when they could have stayed 2 scores ahead. 

Also think Liberty Hill should have gone for 2 each time they scored in the first half.  There odds are much better than 50%.  

Exciting finish as both teams thought they won at the end.  First Crosby, then LH, then Crosby again.  The clock struck midnight on Liberty Hill.  Great game Coogs.

21 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Yes he did.  He made a couple of mental errors.  He just needs to throw the ball out of bounds. He has to think smart.  Probabilities.    

Again, if you’re going to live off some of the spectacular plays he makes that causes our offense to be so dynamic then there’s a possibility you’re going to die by them too. Kids get tight and they make mistakes, the stage exacerbated that. 

I have 0 problems with the mental errors that can be corrected by Coach P at practice this week. I had more of a concern with some of the wide open receivers he chose not to hit which are leading to the “trying to do too much” comments. It’s very easy to armchair quarterback though, especially when you’ve had 15 weeks of practice. 

2 hours ago, VP93.... said:

Hats off to the officiating crew for catching the “Substitution with intent to deceive” call on LH on that 4th down. 

Congratulations Crosby, now go get that RING! 

I was on the Lh side.  man their stands was going nutts.. I looked at the guys next to me and said yalls coach should have watched the state game a week or so ago. lol But it was the right call.