Barbers Hill 52 Nederland 32/FINAL

• WOSgrad changed the title to Barbers Hill 52 Nederland 32/FINAL
16 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But according to some, they will beat United next time by 15.

I’ve also read some posts on here by some regulars (earlier this season) how they were much better this year without Hefner.  An unselfish, high major kid.  And that doesn’t even factor in the other seniors who were really valuable pieces.  Talk about looking at a record without looking at a team...

IMO...This years team is just as good as last years team. This years team plays better over all defense and they share the ball better than the team last year. Last years team did better with the press with the help of Hefner. The problem at the moment as compared to earlier games this year is that Gipson is in a funk. He hasn’t played very well. When he’s in a grove then you have the inside and outside threat with him and Jackson and this becomes a different team. With that said, there not beating a BU or Crosby team even with everyone playing to there potential however they can beat a BH or Memorial team if they are. 3rd, 4th and 5th is up for grabs but If Gipson can’t get out of his slump Nederland will finish 5th. 

Ned being exposed from weak early schedule. When is last time they didn’t make playoffs? It’s tough to contend with poor guard play and 1 scorer. The greatest coach to ever live can’t win when his team has a marked gap in talent to other teams. And a team full of “dribble dribble pass” or “dribble turn over” role players...the early record masked the true identity of this team apparently 

19 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Some people on a previous thread indicated that Coach English was a good X's and O's coach and would have lead Yates too several championships but his team losses at home to an OK Barbers Hill Team by 20 smh  

He is a great coach and does more with his teams with less talent than anyone. Take Boute for example at Westbrook. He has a championship pedigree at Lincoln and to some the greatest coach ever but he’s getting it handed to him now. Why is that? Same coach but different results. It’s all about the talent you have to work with. IMO.. You give English the talent of Lincoln and Yates, yeah he wins a state title. 

4 minutes ago, dadofabulldog said:

He is a great coach and does more with his teams with less talent than anyone. Take Boute for example at Westbrook. He has a championship pedigree at Lincoln and to some the greatest coach ever but he’s getting it handed to him now. Why is that? Same coach but different results. It’s all about the talent you have to work with. IMO.. You give English the talent of Lincoln and Yates, yeah he wins a state title. 

They don’t understand what you’re selling.  When you can recruit the 3rd biggest city in the country and only play at the third highest level (4A)  in said state, it doesn’t take Coach K to win some championships.   

I disagree about Nederland this year compared to last year. I don't see this team anywhere close to last year. They had a bigger team last year that could rebound and play tough inside. This year they are small and no one that can take over a game. Years past they have had a guard that can get to the basket and get shots for himself and others. Gibson is just an outside shooter that don't create for others. Yes if he is hitting his shot they will do ok but he plays very timid when the pressure is on him. I've seen several games where he don't score or only has a bucket at the half. When you have a team that don't have much scoring you need more out of the 2 that can score. I know English likes this team but I completely disagree that this team is anywhere near last years team. Last year Hefner would get double and triple teamed leaving guys wide open to shoot. You don't have that this year. Teams know if they take Tyler away they don't have any other confident shooters.  After that butt kicking Tuesday their confidence was shaken. I expect English to get them together soon and turn this around. Maybe a 4th place finish in district this year.

must be players parents writing on here,night and day between this yrs team and last yrs...last yrs was way better,especicially if the best five was on the court together.absolutely no guard play this yr,those guards cant handle pressure and dont want the ball,no one besides tyler can get to the rack,nobody gonna push shove and be tough against bigger stronger competition.some ppl are delusional,weak schedule to start season,its basketball season now and you see whats happening,sorry but i have a right to my opinion.....