Silsbee 78 Lumberton 64/FINAL

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I’m just a guy who has donated my time to helping kids in summer ball for many years.  We send about 8-10 kids to college (almost all D1) every year.  And as a result, I’ve gotten to know and talk to college coaches often when they call to ask about a particular kid (like this afternoon).  But THEY offer kids, not me.  You seem confused about the process but I’m always happy to help 😃

Dang you must be a basketball guru. Why aren’t you coaching at a power 5?

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I’m just a guy who has donated my time to helping kids in summer ball for many years.  We send about 8-10 kids to college (almost all D1) every year.  And as a result, I’ve gotten to know and talk to college coaches often when they call to ask about a particular kid (like this afternoon).  But THEY offer kids, not me.  You seem confused about the process but I’m always happy to help 😃

Not only donated your time you give kids ride feed them and has always been honest what you do for the kids is awesome keep going 

On 1/9/2021 at 5:48 PM, Who That said:

Do you remember the tall red head kid from Lumberton in 93-94

The best 3 players in Lumberton Basketball history are:

1. Brock McClure (This isn't debatable at this point.)

2. Jeremy Graham (Graduated 1997)

3. Jory Fondren (Graduated 2001 I think)

In that order. I have a feeling Coach Mitchell would agree with me on the 3 players, but swap 2 and 3 since he played with Fondren.

3 hours ago, gogo1734 said:

The best 3 players in Lumberton Basketball history are:

1. Brock McClure (This isn't debatable at this point.)

2. Jeremy Graham (Graduated 1997)

3. Jory Fondren (Graduated 2001 I think)

In that order. I have a feeling Coach Mitchell would agree with me on the 3 players, but swap 2 and 3 since he played with Fondren.

If this is true it is a credit to what Coach Mitchell is doing with the program. It also is an indication of how bad the program has been at Lumberton. I don’t see much help in the pipeline coming up. May be hard to keep Josh there. 

On 1/8/2021 at 7:33 PM, Tigers94 said:

JV

Silsbee - 41

Lumberton - 32

JV Jones for Silsbee played a hell of a game. Kids gonna be good.

I have been trying to understand a short video I saw last summer of two of the Jones bros.  I saw it on twitter.

It was a younger brother going one on one with Willie Jones Jr. in the back yard or somewhere.

The younger Jones had some nice handles.  I did not think it was the one on varsity, no offense. So I am

guessing it is the brother playing on the JV.  

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Thought it was too.

But it seems the HJ folks have inserted themselves in here. ;)

No sir I think they were invited in when someone said the young man man in Lumberton was a better player than any Hawk in quite awhile. I think someone even said as far back as Spears 😳You know they are gonna question that.