Silsbee 78 Lumberton 64/FINAL

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

I agree with several of your points but I’m not being naive at all. In the ballgame last night the Tigers were able to pretty well man up and not offer a lot of help. Your argument while valid has another side to it, if you only have one player who can score he should have a good ppg average.I wish the young man nothing but the best.

I believe McClure is averaging 27 a game.

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

Someday I hope to get the vast grasp of the game you seem to think you have. Did you gain all that knowledge in your teens or did ya soak some of it up in your twenties? But you’re right this is beating a dead horse. One thing that was clear last night is Silsbee is the undisputed favorite in this district. 

I don’t know everything about the game but I have a decent amount of knowledge about it. I played for Silsbee and coached for a couple of years. Miss it but made a change for my family. Silsbee is definitely the clear favorite, which I love. Another thing that is clear, McClure is the MVP of the district. Idk who will get newcomer out of Harris and Miller but I give the nod to Miller. 

1 minute ago, Who That said:

Lumberton had a really tall red headed kid in 93-94 that was really good Can't remember his name but he was way better then this guy they have now. 

Way better? He didn’t play Division 1 basketball because this guy they have is the 1st basketball player to ever go D1 out of Ltown. I know there are a lot of other factors when it comes to that though 

6 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Way better? He didn’t play Division 1 basketball because this guy they have is the 1st basketball player to ever go D1 out of Ltown. I know there are a lot of other factors when it comes to that though 

Yeah you put them two on the court the red head would dominate the one they have now.! He was like 6'9 and could straight up ball but that's all Lumberton had was just him on the team in them years of high school. If he would of had the team Lumberton has now they would have beat Silsbee last night.

Let's make one thing clear, McClure is the best basketball player in Lumberton history. That's really not up for debate.

His coach, Josh Mitchell, was a very good player for Lumberton. He is on board with that sentiment.

I have seen enough Lumberton basketball over the years (since 1980) and I would have to agree.

Now if you want to debate whether he is better than some other players from other schools, then carry on.

Also, he signed a DI scholly, so debating whether he is a DI basketball player is kind of a moot point.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Let's make one thing clear, McClure is the best basketball player in Lumberton history. That's really not up for debate.

His coach, Josh Mitchell, was a very good player for Lumberton. He is on board with that sentiment.

I have seen enough Lumberton basketball over the years (since 1980) and I would have to agree.

Now if you want to debate whether he is better than some other players from other schools, then carry on.

Also, he signed a DI scholly, so debating whether he is a DI basketball player is kind of a moot point.

Yeah I never remember Lumberton having any notable kids in basketball. Only athlete I remember is TJ Light I think is his name from football. 

23 minutes ago, Who That said:

Yeah you put them two on the court the red head would dominate the one they have now.! He was like 6'9 and could straight up ball but that's all Lumberton had was just him on the team in them years of high school. If he would of had the team Lumberton has now they would have beat Silsbee last night.

I got you! I wasn’t around then. 6’9 that could go is rare. Wish I got to see it 

23 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Do you remember the tall red head kid from Lumberton in 93-94

1 hour ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

I don’t know everything about the game but I have a decent amount of knowledge about it. I played for Silsbee and coached for a couple of years. Miss it but made a change for my family. Silsbee is definitely the clear favorite, which I love. Another thing that is clear, McClure is the MVP of the district. Idk who will get newcomer out of Harris and Miller but I give the nod to Miller. 

I’ve seen you play and coach . I don’t blame anyone for making changes to better their families livelihood.I personally think it is a little early to award the district MVP especially with the way some of the young guys from Silsbee were playing last night. This is the weakest I’ve seen this district in years.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

While I was sitting at a Lamar game today, had a coach from a WAC school text me and ask me my opinion about a kid from Cy Lakes.  I told him to get a SETX sports account and ask you guys if the kid was any good.  

I’m amazed you didn’t just go ahead and offer the young man a scholarship. You’re gonna lose your street cred 😂

3 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I’m amazed you didn’t just go ahead and offer the young man a scholarship. You’re gonna lose your street cred 😂

I think he has a good chance to get one there (he already has other offers but this would be one to jump on).   And the school that was inquiring is coached by a guy whose brother has coached in the Big 12 for many years now and has his program in the top 5 in the country.   The school who called is currently in first place in the WAC.   But you obviously really thought that comment was the one 😂

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I think he has a good chance to get one there (he already has other offers but this would be one to jump on).   And the school that was inquiring is coached by a guy whose brother has coached in the Big 12 for many years now and has his program in the top 5 in the country.   The school who called is currently in first place in the WAC.   But you obviously really thought that comment was the one 😂

All the more reason for you to lock him up 😂

8 minutes ago, whsalum said:

All the more reason for you to lock him up 😂

I’m just a guy who has donated my time to helping kids in summer ball for many years.  We send about 8-10 kids to college (almost all D1) every year.  And as a result, I’ve gotten to know and talk to college coaches often when they call to ask about a particular kid (like this afternoon).  But THEY offer kids, not me.  You seem confused about the process but I’m always happy to help 😃

38 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I’ve seen you play and coach . I don’t blame anyone for making changes to better their families livelihood.I personally think it is a little early to award the district MVP especially with the way some of the young guys from Silsbee were playing last night. This is the weakest I’ve seen this district in years.

This is true. I agree with all of that. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I’m just a guy who has donated my time to helping kids in summer ball for many years.  We send about 8-10 kids to college (almost all D1) every year.  And as a result, I’ve gotten to know and talk to college coaches often when they call to ask about a particular kid (like this afternoon).  But THEY offer kids, not me.  You seem confused about the process but I’m always happy to help 😃

*insert quote patting myself on the back*, *end with condescending comment because I’m more knowledgeable than everybody else on this message board* 

You’re a wannabe hot shot attorney who has spent too much time in an Orangefield basketball gym. Get a grip. 

4 minutes ago, undiscovered said:

*insert quote patting myself on the back*, *end with condescending comment because I’m more knowledgeable than everybody else on this message board* 

You’re a wannabe hot shot attorney who has spent too much time in an Orangefield basketball gym. Get a grip. 

Says the Hj troll who posts the same dumb comment about Brock McClure on multiple threads in this board.  I’ll get a grip when you get a clue.