Orangefield 63 West Orange-Stark 46/FINAL

• WOSgrad changed the title to Orangefield 63 West Orange-Stark 46/FINAL

I don’t think a loss to Orangefield shows that they haven’t turned the corner. This district is very competitive and playoff spots are still up for grabs. Orangefield did what they needed to do in order to win the game. Rebound and limit turnovers. On any given night Orangefield has three guys that can go for over 20. That makes it hard to guard them for 32 minutes. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way. 

1 hour ago, catfever said:

I don’t think a loss to Orangefield shows that they haven’t turned the corner. This district is very competitive and playoff spots are still up for grabs. Orangefield did what they needed to do in order to win the game. Rebound and limit turnovers. On any given night Orangefield has three guys that can go for over 20. That makes it hard to guard them for 32 minutes. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way. 

Yea you may be right, I don’t have a good read on OF this season. Just basing my opinion off past teams, maybe they have something different now. I haven’t seen them yet and they haven’t played many common opponents. Looks like they scheduled mostly 2A and 3A schools this year.

32 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea you may be right, I don’t have a good read on OF this season. Just basing my opinion off past teams, maybe they have something different now. I haven’t seen them yet and they haven’t played many common opponents. Looks like they scheduled mostly 2A and 3A schools this year.

Yeah I think we are seeing what we thought going in, that there would be a lot of parity in this district.  In fact, now that your Pirates are playing ball, with the exception of Silsbee (and maybe Lumberton), almost any team is capable of beating any other team on any given night.  I will stick by my preseason prediction of: 1) Silsbee 2) Lumberton 3) BC and 4) wide open.  But Lumberton and BC will be an interesting game coming up. 

37 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Yeah I think we are seeing what we thought going in, that there would be a lot of parity in this district.  In fact, now that your Pirates are playing ball, with the exception of Silsbee (and maybe Lumberton), almost any team is capable of beating any other team on any given night.  I will stick by my preseason prediction of: 1) Silsbee 2) Lumberton 3) BC and 4) wide open.  But Lumberton and BC will be an interesting game coming up. 

I’d have to agree with that, looks about right. 4th spot probably comes down to OF or WOS. I had a high opinion on LCM coming in but they may be without #0 for a while so it’s going to be hard for them to score with some of the other teams. As for my Pirates they have already started in such a big hole with the COVID shutdown. It’s going to be hard for them to fight out of the bottom but they are improving each and every game. They are hungry for a win and you are starting to see it on the court. Hopefully with a game off Tuesday our PG can get himself feeling right.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

And many of the other schools in the district scheduled some of those same teams. Also, keep in mind that the last 2 years Ofield had been in 3A with many of those teams that were on the non district schedule. They also had my Indians and Dayton on the schedule (5A teams) think young teams need to have some success early in the season to build up confidence...... just my thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Cherokee88 said:

And many of the other schools in the district scheduled some of those same teams. Also, keep in mind that the last 2 years Ofield had been in 3A with many of those teams that were on the non district schedule. They also had my Indians and Dayton on the schedule (5A teams) think young teams need to have some success early in the season to build up confidence...... just my thoughts. 

You’re right about that, I think the Pirates should have scheduled a few more teams on par with them to build something early in the season. But this season is so weird and volatile as far as scheduling goes so I’m sure there was a bit of take whatever you can get. COVID took away our matchup with the Indians, a game that I’m sure both teams wanted and needed before district. Vidor probably only ends up getting 20 games in this year, that is if everything goes according to schedule the rest of the season.