01/06/2021 - The day America began it’s slow-death

Chester86

23 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Are you freakin serious?!??

Here’s a fact... my kid was five or so when I told him there wasn’t a Santa Claus. I showed him receipts and everything. I bought that crap, and I’m taking credit. 

He found out about the tooth fairy because I forgot to put the two bucks under his pillow and he woke up crying. I had to explain that I was, in fact, the tooth fairy and I’d made a mistake. I guess I didn’t have to spend the next few weeks talking about myself in third person as the tooth fairy. “Do you want the Tooth Fairy to make you a sandwich?”

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Say what you want, but I don’t believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, or that anybody stole this election. 

I’m sorry that some people can’t face reality. 

You seem to have no problem placing blame based on severe TDS. And that is the reality!

If you were a House Representative, would you now vote to impeach President Trump?

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

You seem to have no problem placing blame based on severe TDS. And that is the reality!

If you were a House Representative, would you now vote to impeach President Trump?

I think that there are ample reasons to explore impeachment for the phone call last Saturday and inciting an attack on our democracy Wednesday.  But since the point of an impeachment is to remove a president from office and Trump is 11.5 days from being gone anyways, talk of impeachment now has nothing to do with anything other than twisting a knife, so to speak.  But that was the point of the first one, too. 
I have a bad feeling that the Ds are about to go off of the deep end instead of moving forward. Twitter is purging everybody who is right wing as we speak. 

4 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

You believe whatever this guy says. He is a known liar. He lost and he took his ball home because he could not play ball anymore.

Why did the Dems push it so hard?  Why did they not require signatures to match?  Why were the observers required to be so far they couldn’t see what was going on?  Really makes you wonder what was going on!

11 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Why did the Dems push it so hard?  Why did they not require signatures to match?  Why were the observers required to be so far they couldn’t see what was going on?  Really makes you wonder what was going on!

Here’s the problem with all of that. The republicans were okay with the rules (even set up the rules in some cases like PA). It wasn’t a problem until after the votes were counted and they lost. 
These things weren’t happening on a Dem only basis. The areas in which these things allegedly happened were populated and in some cases governed by Repubs. This may come as a shock to you, but most Dems are decent people who won’t stand for cheating, either, regardless of which party is doing it. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think that there are ample reasons to explore impeachment for the phone call last Saturday and inciting an attack on our democracy Wednesday.  But since the point of an impeachment is to remove a president from office and Trump is 11.5 days from being gone anyways, talk of impeachment now has nothing to do with anything other than twisting a knife, so to speak.  But that was the point of the first one, too. 
I have a bad feeling that the Ds are about to go off of the deep end instead of moving forward. Twitter is purging everybody who is right wing as we speak. 

Do you think your accusatory standard for "inciting an attack" would stand up to unbiased scrutiny? Should we hold everyone accountable to this bar? If so, how many Trump-haters in Congress would need to be or required to resign based on your standard of guilt? (You're Fired! -Trump) Would any Democrats be left in Congress? Are you being fair in your assessment? Should this standard be applied across the board, or just to people we don't like or agree with? Try to apply your same standard to someone you admire, and see if it still applies. I already know the answer.

Edit: I just read one of your posts in another thread. This concerning Maxine Watters statement. Here is what you posted:

"HOWEVER, nothing she did compares to organizing a rally that will conclude with a March to the Capitol to either intimidate lawmakers or even outright halt the Peoples Business by forcefully stopping the constitutional process of electing a new president...which is exactly what happened."

She actually called for people to find any Congressman/politician, form a crowd, and get into their face saying they are not welcomed here. But somehow your bar deems this less intimidating that someone calling for a "peaceful protest" (I'm still learning from Lefties on how to frame the narrative...which is a little embarrassing). Can you at least be consistent...across the board...in your evaluations. Of course you can't, because if you did your arguments would fall apart.

10 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Do you think your accusatory standard for "inciting an attack" would stand up to unbiased scrutiny? Should we hold everyone accountable to this bar? If so, how many Trump-haters in Congress would need to be or required to resign based on your standard of guilt? (You're Fired! -Trump) Would any Democrats be left in Congress? Are you being fair in your assessment? Should this standard be applied across the board, or just to people we don't like or agree with? Try to apply your same standard to someone you admire, and see if it still applies. I already know the answer.

Once again, I’m not like you... I don’t get pulled over for speeding and then whine... “b-b-but.... everybody else was speeding, too! Are they gonna get a ticket?” I’m a man. I’m guessing you were raised by a single mom. 
Who else has held a rally and encouraged their supporters (no wait... said “I’ll be right beside you” and then meowed out) to go breach the Capitol and obstruct congress who is in the act of certifying an election which they’d already lost? I’ll give you a hint... nobody, ever. You can stop trying to find comparable situations.

You don’t get to yell “fire” in a theatre and then say “I didn’t tell anybody to trample anybody!” I know that concept is lost on you. 

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Once again, I’m not like you... I don’t get pulled over for speeding and then whine... “b-b-but.... everybody else was speeding, too! Are they gonna get a ticket?” I’m a man. I’m guessing you were raised by a single mom. 
Who else has held a rally and encouraged their supporters (no wait... said “I’ll be right beside you” and then 🐈out) to go breach the Capitol and obstruct congress who is in the act of certifying an election which they’d already lost? I’ll give you a hint... nobody, ever. You can stop trying to find comparable situations.

You don’t get to yell “fire” in a theatre and then say “I didn’t tell anybody to trample anybody!” I know that concept is lost on you. 

This is just hilarious. You can't answer so you resort to name-calling, stereotyping, etc. No, you are not a man. You are wee intellectually-stunted little boy. Is this really where you want to go? Not desirable, but I have no problem playing that game with you. Your TDS is in full bloom. So much so, you are getting hysterical because someone doesn't agree with your blinded assessment. You might want to stay away from any threads dealing with Trump. By now you should know why.

Would you like to re-evaluate your post? You need to.

I just covered every point that you asked, I’m pretty sure. 

NOTHING COMPARES TO TRUMP ORDERING HIS BROWNSHIRTS TO GO ATTACK OUR CONGRESS. 

It doesn’t matter how hard you try to excuse his seditious actions, you cannot. No matter how hard you try to excuse the behavior of those people who tried to overthrow our government, you cannot. How hard is that to understand?

Besieging Congress on behalf of a failed candidate in order to halt the process of certifying an election that he lost in no way compares to hassling somebody who’s enjoying dinner in a restaurant. Period. 

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I just covered every point that you asked, I’m pretty sure. 

NOTHING COMPARES TO TRUMP ORDERING HIS BROWNSHIRTS TO GO ATTACK OUR CONGRESS. 

It doesn’t matter how hard you try to excuse his seditious actions, you cannot. No matter how hard you try to excuse the behavior of those people who tried to overthrow our government, you cannot. How hard is that to understand?

Besieging Congress on behalf of a failed candidate in order to halt the process of certifying an election that he lost in no way compares to hassling somebody who’s enjoying dinner in a restaurant. Period. 

If that is what you consider as fair assessment across the board, then I can only sadly laugh at you.

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

87583E24-C27D-4A0F-B139-600B51CF3C8A.jpeg

Wow, you are falling way below what I thought you would stoop to. You might want to calm down about now. The hatred swirling in your brain is really making you look foolish. So sad, especially when I fully agree with you on 99% of your posts not concerning Trump. Take a break...you need it.

10 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Trampers be like 

50CA6671-00F3-4498-95D2-4C34FCE6BF0E.jpeg

Your turn...except this will be different. I highly admire CardinalBacker, just think he is emotionally triggered by Trump. You on the other hand, well what can I say. You bring no intellectual value to this board...so do you want to start in the gutter or gradually go there like ol' times. I say gutter-time. Didn't you score a zero last time you bowled?

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Here’s the problem with all of that. The republicans were okay with the rules (even set up the rules in some cases like PA). It wasn’t a problem until after the votes were counted and they lost. 
These things weren’t happening on a Dem only basis. The areas in which these things allegedly happened were populated and in some cases governed by Repubs. This may come as a shock to you, but most Dems are decent people who won’t stand for cheating, either, regardless of which party is doing it. 

Maybe so on the last statement, but there are a lot of Republicans that do not like Trump.  So, it wouldn’t be a shocker if they were to have taken part in any fraud to keep Trump from being elected.  

I highly doubt it. Most republicans that didn’t care for trump still voted for him. Most realized that he was a better alternative than Biden, regardless of their dislike for him. 
My problem with the whole thing is that every single allegation was either debunked or there was no proof that it occurred. People were making up stories left and right... not only were trump supporters taking the bait, but trump himself kept buying into the theories and spreading them as well. 

The guy in the Buffalo hat? He had to go on social media and say “no, it was me! I was there. I’m not Antifa” because so many people were spreading lies about him.  It’s been like that since election night. 

The whole situation has been bizarre. There is no way for the VP to “throw out” electoral votes. His job is to count them, period. Trump and his followers believed that he not only had the power to do so, but brand him a traitor for NOT doing so.  

Did the founding fathers really craft an electoral college system wherein the VP of the current administration has the power to choose who the next president will be? Of course not.  But Trump himself believed otherwise and had his followers believing the same thing. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen Pence labeled a traitor on my fb feed. It’s insane. 

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

I highly doubt it. Most republicans that didn’t care for trump still voted for him. Most realized that he was a better alternative than Biden, regardless of their dislike for him. 
My problem with the whole thing is that every single allegation was either debunked or there was no proof that it occurred. People were making up stories left and right... not only were trump supporters taking the bait, but trump himself kept buying into the theories and spreading them as well. 

The guy in the Buffalo hat? He had to go on social media and say “no, it was me! I was there. I’m not Antifa” because so many people were spreading lies about him.  It’s been like that since election night. 

The whole situation has been bizarre. There is no way for the VP to “throw out” electoral votes. His job is to count them, period. Trump and his followers believed that he not only had the power to do so, but brand him a traitor for NOT doing so.  

Did the founding fathers really craft an electoral college system wherein the VP of the current administration has the power to choose who the next president will be? Of course not.  But Trump himself believed otherwise and had his followers believing the same thing. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen Pence labeled a traitor on my fb feed. It’s insane. 

I knew the election wasn’t getting overthrown.  Pence is a much better man than to try a stunt like that.  But, do I think there was some fraud on election night, absolutely!!!