Beaumont United 65 Nederland 33/FINAL

46 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I think #1 Lancaster will have something to say about that.

Ima keep saying this until im blue in the face. The ONLY way you are beating BU is to have an Elite guard that will not turn the ball over and a big that can get rebounds so BU doesn't get 3 and for offensive rebounds on possessions. You must have less than 15 turnovers. I counted 33 turnovers for nederland last night and that was with the slowed 2nd qtr. Griggs (Hightower) and A&M commit Wade Taylor (Lancaster) are the only 2 guards I know of in 5A that can keep their team under 15 turnovers in the state. RIGHT NOW

52 minutes ago, Texas Hooper said:

Ima keep saying this until im blue in the face. The ONLY way you are beating BU is to have an Elite guard that will not turn the ball over and a big that can get rebounds so BU doesn't get 3 and for offensive rebounds on possessions. You must have less than 15 turnovers. I counted 33 turnovers for nederland last night and that was with the slowed 2nd qtr. Griggs (Hightower) and A&M commit Wade Taylor (Lancaster) are the only 2 guards I know of in 5A that can keep their team under 15 turnovers in the state. RIGHT NOW

I guess since United is local we don't think they are as good as they are, we always think the teams across the state are the real deal....Like I've stated before this is one of the best teams in the state. Classification doesn't matter

On 1/6/2021 at 7:08 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Beaumont United is #2 in the state rankings and #1 in our rankings. How are they "underrated"?

Underrated as to just how good they are Beaumont United. Underrated and under ranked are two different things.  Nederland is a good team and BU made then look bad.

3 hours ago, DP#1FAN said:

Underrated as to just how good they are Beaumont United. Underrated and under ranked are two different things.  Nederland is a good team and BU made then look bad.

I think everyone knew/knows how good BU is. I think the hard pill to swallow is admitting Nederland was overhyped. They graduated 9 kids or something last year, one playing at A&M (playing solid minutes) this year. They lost all of their speed and ball handlers. They have a player in Jackson and a streaky shooter in Gipson. And then a bunch of average players. Probably finish 3-4 place in district. BU is talented and will make a run at the title but glaring point from this game is Ned being exposed as average team. Nice wins over WB and an odd game for HJ, that’s about it. 

20 hours ago, glassjoe said:

I think everyone knew/knows how good BU is. I think the hard pill to swallow is admitting Nederland was overhyped. They graduated 9 kids or something last year, one playing at A&M (playing solid minutes) this year. They lost all of their speed and ball handlers. They have a player in Jackson and a streaky shooter in Gipson. And then a bunch of average players. Probably finish 3-4 place in district. BU is talented and will make a run at the title but glaring point from this game is Ned being exposed as average team. Nice wins over WB and an odd game for HJ, that’s about it. 

Maybe is not that they’re avg, but BU is just that good. Nederland may actually be solid they just ran into a better team...

23 hours ago, glassjoe said:

I got Nederland by 10 next time they face off.

2 minutes ago, Beaumont united burner said:

Same... but I have them by 15. Nederland can beat BU if they just take care of the ball. Bu can’t score on them in the half court.

Agree, It is very hard to beat Coach English twice he's beat ozen plenty of times after getting blown out. I think he has something up his sleeve for the next game.

32 minutes ago, YungMoneyTrapStar said:

Agree, It is very hard to beat Coach English twice he's beat ozen plenty of times after getting blown out. I think he has something up his sleeve for the next game.

I’ve seen it with my own eyes for plenty and plenty of years... Coach English is the best coach around and will definitely get these kids right for next time . They got Barbers Hill tonight and i believe they should beat them by at least 15 plus.

35 minutes ago, Beaumont united burner said:

Same... but I have them by 15. Nederland can beat BU if they just take care of the ball. Bu can’t score on them in the half court.

I did not see anything from Nederland back court to suggest that they can handle a half court or full court press.  I don't see the next game being any different from this game.  I am curious to know how many rebounds and block shots BU finished with against Nederland ???

9 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I did not see anything from Nederland back court to suggest that they can handle a half court or full court press.  I don't see the next game being any different from this game.  I am curious to know how many rebounds and block shots BU finished with against Nederland ???

BU killed nederland on the boards and had I would say around 5 blocked shots