Nederland @ United

On 1/3/2021 at 12:13 PM, whsalum said:

You notice I said if they control the tempo they make it respectable. This one is a matchup nightmare for the Dawgs 

Absolutely correct. And slow the temporary down. Bcz this team is unbelievable in the open court.

When I called the New Caney/Nederland game, which came down to the last 5 min.  The Dogs had a hard time with the Press.  That, combined with the size difference, will be the deathnail for Ned.  I think this gets ugly, BU had two players that usually shoot the 3 well go 20% from 3 vs a good Crosby team, and still won by 16.  BU is on another level compared to Ned.  That being said, I hope I am wrong and it stays close.  I'll be on the call tonight on TexanLive.com

In fairness, BU is a matchup nightmare for almost anyone who laces em up against them.  I agree with most on here - if Nederland keeps it within 20 that will be a surprise.  And that is no slight at all towards the Bulldogs.  They could be a 2-3 playoff win team and still get manhandled by United.  Just a beast of a team. 

On 1/3/2021 at 7:59 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Two state ranked and battle of the unbeaten.  Why are we not talking about this big matchup?  Predictions?

Nederland had trouble with westbrook at home. I really think unless nederland has less than 9 turnovers that BU wins by 20+. Hope im wrong because I want to see a good game. Heard it will be live streamed on TexanLive

4 hours ago, jdns said:

When I called the New Caney/Nederland game, which came down to the last 5 min.  The Dogs had a hard time with the Press.  That, combined with the size difference, will be the deathnail for Ned.  I think this gets ugly, BU had two players that usually shoot the 3 well go 20% from 3 vs a good Crosby team, and still won by 16.  BU is on another level compared to Ned.  That being said, I hope I am wrong and it stays close.  I'll be on the call tonight on TexanLive.com

I totally agree with EVERYTHING you stated. I this a 20 point win will be a good game by nederland

It's always hard to count out an English led team. But I don't see this team having that one player that can just go and make buckets for them. In years past they always have had that one scorer (Miguez, Hefner, Weisbrod). I don't see anyone that can score like they did. Now if Gibson gets hot from deep than he may be able to keep it close. But he don't have that straight up scorer's mentality. I can see Tyler getting a double double tonight but it will be tough.

BU by 16. 50-34

On 1/3/2021 at 11:46 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

‘Control the Tempo’ is gonna be easier said than done and is also a double edged sword.  Teams have tried this as far as slowing the tempo down.  Crazy thing is This team has very good shooters as well as athletes, so they’ll thrive in the half court game.  As far as speeding up the tempo, that’s a fast way to find yourself down by 20 early.

Beat bet is to roll out the ball and play YOUR game better than BU plays their game and see what happens.  

Two really good coaches here so you know they’ll be a chest match at some point.  

I don’t think Nederland has the personnel to be able to battle  BU for 4 Quarters and this one will probably be a 25 pt win...

Omg!! Are you serious old friend?? 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The more I look at this game, I think one of the BU shooters is due for a huge game due to Nederland packing the paint and running some variation of a zone.  I see this more closer to a 30 point game now... bench play will probably be in United’s favor as well...

If United wins by 25 or 30, I’ll treat you to a steak dinner.... 

3 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

It's always hard to count out an English led team. But I don't see this team having that one player that can just go and make buckets for them. In years past they always have had that one scorer (Miguez, Hefner, Weisbrod). I don't see anyone that can score like they did. Now if Gibson gets hot from deep than he may be able to keep it close. But he don't have that straight up scorer's mentality. I can see Tyler getting a double double tonight but it will be tough.

BU by 16. 50-34

The Tyler kid averages about 25/game, so....

On 1/4/2021 at 7:29 AM, locker room talk said:

He actually beat a Perkins led team when he was at Vidor.  May have beat them twice that year.  Scouts were at game to watch Perkins at their own little table at Ozen.  Vidor lit it up from the 3.  Fact.

Nope. Sorry. Perk was NOT on that team. I am the biggest English fan, and I know this as an absolute fact.