Liberty Hill vs Crosby

wbfan

If I’m sitting some betting odds in Vegas, here’s my thoughts (Disclaimer: this post for mature audiences who have more sense than to take my advice, lol.  Post is for entertainment purposes only since picking my nose is difficult [Dam hair]).

I’d pick Crosby by 5.  LH has to score almost every time they get the ball, because Crosby will.  Can’t see LH stopping Crosby, except by turnovers, or several big penalties.  Crosby has had trouble with the Slot T in the past, but new DC, and great team, so who knows now?   These Panthers run that Offense very, very well.   My guess, they’ll still have problems.  Discipline is the key to stopping it, and Crosby just can’t stay at home.

Since I don’t see LH stopping Crosby, & think it’s unlikely Crosby will be able to stop LH often, I’m sitting the Over/Under at 105.

Finally, hope -  everyone has a safe trip - no player injuries - and great referees.  Anticipate this game being a good one to watch.  

Anyone know if game is on radio?  If so, what station?  Go Cougars!

When it comes to the talent level we are playing against this team is less talented than the previous 3, especially on defense. I want to see Dunn healthy but honestly Branch might go for 350 in this one... on the ground. 

It's a style game and basically if Crosby defense can figure out that Slot-T then Crosby should win. If they don't then it's a shootout and last team with ball may very well win. 

On 1/6/2021 at 3:14 PM, Realville said:

Agreed, This is quote from Liberty Hill Coach Jerry Vance who started using the slot-t in the mid 2000’s who won a couple of State Championships.

“We don’t have great big kids. There isn’t a lot of 4.4-speed at Liberty Hill,” Vance said. “What we do lends itself to the average high school kid. It’s not about being bigger or taller or even faster. What we do is about execution. We do what works for us.”

And if that sounds like a complaint, it isn’t.

“I’d struggle to coach the elite kids. I do better with the workmanlike football player with us running an unselfish system on offense and defense. We don’t need a back to carry the ball 30 times for us to win a game,” Vance said. “If we’re willing to work hard, we’ll be successful. It isn’t about the individual. It never has been. That’s why we win.”

Liberty Hill was the perfect fit — a workman-like rural town on Highway 281 between Georgetown and Burnet. The Panthers suffered through a long-spell of losing before Vance’s arrival from a previous stop as a coordinator at San Marcos High School.

“I’m not a rah-rah guy. If I need to get you excited for a game, you’re doing the wrong thing. We don’t have 1,000 jersey combinations or anything like that,” Vance said. “Liberty Hill ended up being the perfect place for me, as a coach and for my family. It felt like the right fit when we took the job and it ended up being the perfect situation. I was fortunate, no doubt about it.”

Well said by the Coach.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:14 PM, Realville said:

Agreed, This is quote from Liberty Hill Coach Jerry Vance who started using the slot-t in the mid 2000’s who won a couple of State Championships.

“We don’t have great big kids. There isn’t a lot of 4.4-speed at Liberty Hill,” Vance said. “What we do lends itself to the average high school kid. It’s not about being bigger or taller or even faster. What we do is about execution. We do what works for us.”

And if that sounds like a complaint, it isn’t.

“I’d struggle to coach the elite kids. I do better with the workmanlike football player with us running an unselfish system on offense and defense. We don’t need a back to carry the ball 30 times for us to win a game,” Vance said. “If we’re willing to work hard, we’ll be successful. It isn’t about the individual. It never has been. That’s why we win.”

Liberty Hill was the perfect fit — a workman-like rural town on Highway 281 between Georgetown and Burnet. The Panthers suffered through a long-spell of losing before Vance’s arrival from a previous stop as a coordinator at San Marcos High School.

“I’m not a rah-rah guy. If I need to get you excited for a game, you’re doing the wrong thing. We don’t have 1,000 jersey combinations or anything like that,” Vance said. “Liberty Hill ended up being the perfect place for me, as a coach and for my family. It felt like the right fit when we took the job and it ended up being the perfect situation. I was fortunate, no doubt about it.”

I always find it funny how Coaches that have a winning history talk about how they don't have many "Players/Athletes". That it is all the program.... If they were doing well in just one sport I would agree but don't let him fool you.... they got DUDES!!! In the last 2 years basketball went 62-15 (Reg quarter-finalist/ State runner up) and baseball 43 - 7 (season cut short.. ranked #2, and Regional Finalist) with out having Athletes... sorry don't buy it... sounds great in a interview though..

4 hours ago, hitman009 said:

I always find it funny how Coaches that have a winning history talk about how they don't have many "Players/Athletes". That it is all the program.... If they were doing well in just one sport I would agree but don't let him fool you.... they got DUDES!!! In the last 2 years basketball went 62-15 (Reg quarter-finalist/ State runner up) and baseball 43 - 7 (season cut short.. ranked #2, and Regional Finalist) with out having Athletes... sorry don't buy it... sounds great in a interview though..

That quote was from a interview done about 15 years ago with the coach that started running the slot-t at Liberty Hill named Jerry Vance. 

On 1/6/2021 at 10:32 PM, Hupernikomen said:

Jasper played them in either the regional finals or State Semis several years back.  LH offense is the best Slot-T I have ever seen by far.  Jasper had no answer for them.  Jasper was just too athletic for LH and scored 3 TDs in about 4 offense plays to start the game.  It came down to the last drive of the game for the win.

Kind sense it might be another one of those type of games.  LH will get their points and I am sure Crosby will too.  Fewest turnover or maybe even who has the ball last might decide this game.

Trivia. Semis, 2004.  It was 3 offensive plays, and one defensive TD.  All long running TD's.  Jasper had some speed all over the field back then.  This was the Jasper team that lost to Gilmer in the 2004 State Finals 47-49.